SAU Community

Beware - R34 Gtr For Sale In Sydney

This is interesting: http://www.geocities...er/usedgtr.html

A Japanese owner buying a R32 GT-R new and discussing durability. He put 120,000kms on the car in 4 years...

People still use Geocities??

Anyhoo, great little write up. Interesting about the synchros going on his gearboxes. He did say his did track/circuit days about twice a month though.

Another one recently listed - Black R34 GTR Vspec, 28,000KM.

http://www.ebay.com....=item27cf271046

Just my observation from a quick browse through the pics - the drivers seat bolster looks a tad worse for wear and car also has a non vspec cluster in it. Almost as good as the placement of the rear GTR badge.

I'm currently shopping for a white R34 GTR Vspec. Are there any unique identifiers that can be used for confirmation in the private sellers market that they were brought in by 'All Imports'?

Example - Does anybody know who performs their compliance / which company is listed on compliance plates of their vehicles?

Cheers.

Edited by iwanta34gtr

Just my observation from a quick browse through the pics - the drivers seat bolster looks a tad worse for wear and car also has a non vspec cluster in it. Almost as good as the placement of the rear GTR badge.

I'm currently shopping for a white R34 GTR Vspec. Are there any unique identifiers that can be used for confirmation in the private sellers market that they were brought in by 'All Imports'?

Example - Does anybody know who performs their compliance / which company is listed on compliance plates of their vehicles?

Cheers.

Lol, my Dad has always told me to beware of used car dealerships.

Just get Iron Chef to handpick you one going through auction in Japan....thats your best bet if you want an immaculate vehicle etc.

From what I know, the white r34's are a bit less sought after in Japan, with colours like Bayside Blue, MNPIII, Black commanding a premium.

I regularly scan carsales and gumtree and most Skyline GT-R's I see are in rubbish condition with non-genuine km's. The problem is the local market has been flooded with absolute shit (thanks to some dealerships).

Wouldn't matter. Dash/KMs etc would all be altered before hitting the country most likely.

Ash I think he's asking if anyone knows who does the compliance for them, and therefore in theory, what would be printed on the compliance plate, so that it acts as a visual identifier to him and he can avoid the car completely?

Cheers.

Sports auto group cars arent the only vehicles you need to watch out for. if it were me id avoid anything brought in by All imports/ Sports auto group, ed lees and extreme motorsports like the plague. happy hunting :thumbsup:

Sports auto group cars arent the only vehicles you need to watch out for. if it were me id avoid anything brought in by All imports/ Sports auto group, ed lees and extreme motorsports like the plague. happy hunting :thumbsup:

Joe at Xtreme motorsports has a great reputation amongst the import scene. There are many from SAU, EvoOz and JDMST that recommend him, why do you say avoid Xtreme?

Joe at Xtreme motorsports has a great reputation amongst the import scene. There are many from SAU, EvoOz and JDMST that recommend him, why do you say avoid Xtreme?

Thank you Dave for defending us.

Unfortunately we have a hater or two on here who keeps trying repeatedly trying to bad mouth our business.

Funny though as they have to make sure that they get someone to approach everyone who has a sticker of ours on their car and tells them that we are

closing up soon and going broke. Lol.... We are far from it.

We will be around for many more years to come and then more. Mind you they bag everyone for tampering with speedo's as they were the biggest culprates

ever and they even had someone on site full time that did it for them.

We refuse do do anything of that sort and swear and stand by our cars all the way. All our cars have higher kms than everyone else but are guaranteed and will come with auction report and de reg certificates for peace of mind. If its not true and worthy I dont want it here.

We also now have warranty in house so no one has headaches from warranty companies anymore as they are a waste of time and money.

We now have a full true Japanese mechanic on board.

Also we have been doing compliance for over a year now at our other site.

Money has never been a problem and never will be as my wife and I inherited a large undisclosed amount a couple of years ago thanks to our parents.

We are looking at finding new premises in the near future so we can expand even further and bigger but have had no luck yet.

For all you haters I dont really care.

For all the likers you know what I am all about.

Everyone is welcome here at anytime and I have no issues with anyone.

I have had many things said to me from customers who visit other yards and compliance shops and believe me I really dont care as the truth

will always be revealed and told. Its easy just google their names and see the truth.

I am a big fan of Skylines and love my Hakasuka and my V Spec II Nur even though its up for sale.

I actually love and respect this site as it does reveal the truth on dodgy dealers and hopefully people will understand why a Skyline at our place is a bit dearer

than other places and has higher kms.

I actually love and respect this site as it does reveal the truth on dodgy dealers and hopefully people will understand why a Skyline at our place is a bit dearer

than other places and has higher kms.

Just to note - we do have to be very careful about HOW we go about it, given legal issues as we are an Australian site, and hosted here (not hiding overseas like a lot of other forums).

Hence we usually discourage users, given people can't help but sink the boot in at times. Admin here are always supportive of the decent blokes around the place, of which there are many :)

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta start importing cars.......

I've bought a number of imported cars the best one was my second HR31 which I got from an importer. when i pulled the dash apart to do a number of wiring mods and noticed the screws holding the odo in had cracked all the plastic from being done up too tight. Never heard of nissan doing that LOL

Wow, what a great thread. This is such a good way for all of us to understand the types of things still going on.

These are the reasons I have spent 2 1/2 times what some R32s are going for here for one from Iron Chef. I can confirm that the genuine low kms cars in japan do exist but you pay a big premium for them and in my opinion are worth it.

I think my problem is I know how much the shitters go for in japan so when I see a crap 34 here I naturally offer f**k all for them

then the owner gets but hurt

now that the ausi dollar is kicking arse this is only going to become worse(overpriced buckets coming in)