SAU Community

Beware - R34 Gtr For Sale In Sydney

Case in point. This guy who apparently did "no research" and looked at "zero" cars and purchased this white 1 from Ed Lees

What a bell end!

Currently searching for a white vspec II and saw this one pop up this morning on carsales. Judging by location the photos were taken, appears to be from Sports Auto Group (Although shop logo has been blurred?). I'm only suspecting, previous front end hit? Bonnet does not appear to line up and painted radiator support? Curious if anyone is able to provide any insight? Thanks. 137891978.jpg137891935.jpg137891979.jpg

Hahahhahaa the panel gap professor (aka me) does not approve of those photos.

....inb4 I become an import dealer to cash in on the profits to be made from this type of exercise

From an observation of pictures, who else noticed that bolts for the driver front quarter panel have been repainted (usually the paint will fracture once you twist these bolts to take them off) ;)

Also, the passenger front quarter appears completely repainted. I noticed this from the engine bay pic.

Funny that they've specifically mentioned it having the stock cluster given that most cars will still have the stock clusters, you wouldn't think they'd have any reason to say anything unless they've swapped it out.

Can't believe they get away with this stuff.

Original sale from Japan link below?????. Doesn't mention KM's though :-(

http://www.fcautosource.com/SoldListingDetail.aspx?fcauto_id=209&makemodel=1999_NISSAN_SKYLINE_GT-R

haha, and it has a Nismo 300km/h speedo with white face gauges there

209-DSC_0050.JPG

And a recaro drivers seat

209-DSC_0049.JPG

Saw this on Car Sales, Not a r34 but from a dealer in Sydney. What do you guys think

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/nissan-skyline-1996-14814567

Wrong dash and steering wheel

That car is legit, it's probably just been complied as a 1996 model but it is a 1995 build car. The other erroneous detail is that it isn't a Vspec as listed.

6o07pv.jpg

K's probably aren't genuine though, all that flaking paint & no floor mats, rear muffler looks like it's been painted? say it's probably had a pretty hard life at least.

That car is legit, it's probably just been complied as a 1996 model but it is a 1995 build car. The other erroneous detail is that it isn't a Vspec as listed.

6o07pv.jpg

K's probably aren't genuine though, all that flaking paint & no floor mats, rear muffler looks like it's been painted? say it's probably had a pretty hard life at least.

Well there you go, I just saw it was 1996 but no passenger airbag and wrong steering wheel. I thought SCAAMM, But yeah surely K's aren't genuine engine bay looks very average. And 20k probably wouldn't get you anything to genuine with 69,000k's

Edited by dyl33

Hahahhahaa the panel gap professor (aka me) does not approve of those photos.

....inb4 I become an import dealer to cash in on the profits to be made from this type of exercise

From an observation of pictures, who else noticed that bolts for the driver front quarter panel have been repainted (usually the paint will fracture once you twist these bolts to take them off) ;)

Also, the passenger front quarter appears completely repainted. I noticed this from the engine bay pic.

I am a noob at spotting all this - can you please shed some more light as to what the original condition/colour of the bolts are meant to be? What do you look at when a panel as been repainted (especially from photos)? Also regarding panel replacements and engine bay welds - any other key areas to look out for?

On a separate note, a good friend of mine is after an Airtek and is waiting for them to be available. He previously had a GT-A which he bought from the infamous All Imports. After I told him about this thread and the related horror stories, he took my advice and will contact Chef. :)

The bolts(At least on the rad support panel) Are meant to be zinc coated not painted. You'd look at things like that, how shiny the paint is in relation to surrounding areas, overspray. Panel gaps should be uniform and welds in the engine bay should all be spot welds. Also look out for anything that has been painted black or hit heavily with non standard sound deadening coating undercoat. I'm sure there's more but these are the types of thing I generally look out for.

Raj,

good man for referring a mate to the chef, you did a good thing!

On another note, not directly related - but i used to sell used cars 4x4's in particular and on rwc/detail the detailers used to spray the entire chassis black.. it was just to "pretty" them up, but to a smart person that's hiding potential rust/sand/salt or whatever. I was so against it and it made me feel awkward when i'd have customers ask me about why it's been painted..

Currently searching for a white vspec II and saw this one pop up this morning on carsales. Judging by location the photos were taken, appears to be from Sports Auto Group (Although shop logo has been blurred?). I'm only suspecting, previous front end hit? Bonnet does not appear to line up and painted radiator support? Curious if anyone is able to provide any insight? Thanks. 137891978.jpg137891935.jpg137891979.jpg

Hi mate... I went to Sydney last weekend to take a look at this car... its terrible.

Its had a front end hit, underneath the driver side front fender I noticed re welds, showing me it wasn't just a love tap. The steering wheel wear does not match up with the km on the dash, I expect the car has done over 150,000 km. The bonnet has cracks all over it and has been re painted. The strut tower on driver side has also been re sprayed.

Mate I would not even consider this car. I would say probably the worst car I have inspected.

Cheers mate.

Has anyone seen the Bayside Blue car they've got on carsales, with an S-Tune engine and LMGT's.

I know SAG are a 'steer clear' business but an S-tune engine has to be worth a quick squizz no?

They've also got Ferrari's and a few lamborghinis there, I wonder if they get the same treatment as their Nissans

Hi mate... I went to Sydney last weekend to take a look at this car... its terrible.

Its had a front end hit, underneath the driver side front fender I noticed re welds, showing me it wasn't just a love tap. The steering wheel wear does not match up with the km on the dash, I expect the car has done over 150,000 km. The bonnet has cracks all over it and has been re painted. The strut tower on driver side has also been re sprayed.

Mate I would not even consider this car. I would say probably the worst car I have inspected.

Cheers mate.

Now I'm curious - I thought cars that require repairs such as this were illegal to be registered on the streets (maybe Chef can clarify?). Though I bet they'll come up with some BS story that it got damaged during transport or something in Australia.

Any chance of obtaining the VIN and possible searches via auction papers on it's grade? I'm sure the ACCC and other entities would be interested in this.