SAU Community

Beware - R34 Gtr For Sale In Sydney

Cause not everyone does research.

A lot of people will only look at the cars and just generally inspect them once or twice and complete the purchase.

People trust caryards too much due to the warranty they provide and being a company, people feel protected when they're buying from the yard.

You are right Simon, but in saying that these days a buyer has access to much much more information on the internet for example to find some sort of previous history of the car and even value their car rather than years ago this wasn't the case. (i f*cking hate Redbook)

I sell Used Cars, these dealers that do dodgy shit give all of us a bad name.

In the end, the buyer actually ends up being the liar rather than the sales person. This may be a hell of a lot different in an Import car yard i'm just speaking from my experience in Used Cars.

Genuine low km cars do exist, but you have to pay through the nose for them. The problem with buyers who spend top dollar and get genuine low-km cars from Japan is that when the time comes to sell, asking $55K for a V-Spec with a legit 50,000km is impossible when old mate down at Dodgy Brothers is selling them with wound back odometers for $45K with a 12-month warranty.

very true!

was chatting with some guys at SAU nats about starting up a thread detailing information and pics of what an R34 GTR looks like with 40-50k kms... just doing a search yesterday on carsales shows the majority of cars say around the 50k kms... its was the same when i was looking for mine a year ago... out of the 30 or so i looked at, there was maybe 2-3 that i thought had genuine kms..

this isnt a huge problem for most with an educated eye, but it can be hard not to be duped by these things, especially when the market is consistent (ie every car says 50k kms, and they all look in similar coniditon when inspected)..

its goes the same for all imports really, just seems more prevelent with R34 GTRs.. maybe because of the higher cost?...

Very interesting and informative thread for noobs like me :)... got me thinking though.... lol

I recently bought a 96 r33 gtr from a sydney dealership (parramatta rd Sports A--- G----) Im not sure if im allowed to mention names or not. Anyways the car has 56XXXkm, car is completely stock besides exhaust and a mini disc player that says something in japanese everytime i start the car.

The interior is immaculate condition and the engine bay looks really clean, no missing clips/bolts etc. First time buying a car from dealer so didnt really ask for auction papers or what not, i was just too excited about the car :wub: .

Any other ways of finding out if these kms are legit...

Sports Auto Group is the same dealership as All Imports. They are pushing forward the SAG dealer now in an attempt to start fresh it would seem, making youtube videos too in an attempt to appear "prestige".

The dealer selling this car is www.allimports.com.au . I know the owner of the place and can honestly say he brings in some very clean cars. He sold a champagne gold m-spec nur not long ago, aswell as a white v-spec ii nur for the exact same price both with low kms.

Sports Auto Group is the same dealership as All Imports. They are pushing forward the SAG dealer now in an attempt to start fresh it would seem, making youtube videos too in an attempt to appear "prestige".

But why would they need to 'start fresh' if they bring in such 'clean cars' with 'low kms'? whats changed?

That convo was with myself and Andy with the absolutely mint white V-Spec NUR

Long story short, a GT-R with genuine 50000kms on it should present as a brand new car with only very minor signs of wear, unless the previous owner/s treated the car like shit which, with a 34, is pretty rare.

Even with a genuine 100000kms on the clock, the only real wear should be drivers seat bolster and a bit of wear on the steering wheel and shift knob, plus signs of wear on internal switch gear.

very true!

was chatting with some guys at SAU nats about starting up a thread detailing information and pics of what an R34 GTR looks like with 40-50k kms... just doing a search yesterday on carsales shows the majority of cars say around the 50k kms... its was the same when i was looking for mine a year ago... out of the 30 or so i looked at, there was maybe 2-3 that i thought had genuine kms..

this isnt a huge problem for most with an educated eye, but it can be hard not to be duped by these things, especially when the market is consistent (ie every car says 50k kms, and they all look in similar coniditon when inspected)..

its goes the same for all imports really, just seems more prevelent with R34 GTRs.. maybe because of the higher cost?...

That convo was with myself and Andy with the absolutely mint white V-Spec NUR

Long story short, a GT-R with genuine 50000kms on it should present as a brand new car with only very minor signs of wear, unless the previous owner/s treated the car like shit which, with a 34, is pretty rare.

Even with a genuine 100000kms on the clock, the only real wear should be drivers seat bolster and a bit of wear on the steering wheel and shift knob, plus signs of wear on internal switch gear.

yep thats it.

I didnt realise that was you untill after the conversation ha.

and exactly, one of the better condition cars i inspected had a tad over 100k kms.

• Like 1

You're right.

Some of the seats I saw while searching for my car were torn to shreads on the bolster, foam missing - etc. And this was at ~50,000 KM on the clock.

Heres the seat in my GTR at ~85,000 KM.

seatbolster2.jpg

Edited by iwanta34gtr

• 2 weeks later...

no. 168/180 MP3

Chassis: BNR34 006724

Model code: GGJPRWYR34ZDA1BK-D

produced: 04/2000

Type: GTR/V

interesting little site i came accross when i googled the chassis number...has all the MP3 vins.

http://www.midnightp...34GTR/MEMO.html

What a great find! Nice to see there's a registry for MPIII owners. Got all excited, checked my vin and there it is.

And matching the colour is near impossible. It may look acceptable from the pics but when you see it in the flesh from different angles, you can tell the difference in the colours.

Its back for sale again however this time its had a slight makeover.

1) Wheels have been replaced

2) V-SPEC sticker on rear bumber has been removed.

Again if to remove all doubt... If you check out out the car at the dealership, the vin is BNR34-006724 or the new Australian one will be 6U9000BNR34006724.

41254011.jpg

129072064.jpg

129072062.jpg

129072063.jpg

129072065.jpg

129072066.jpg

129072067.jpg

129072068.jpg

129072074.jpg

129072076.jpg

129072106.jpg

Hey guys I know this is my first post, but I'd like to thank the 2 members of sau for confronting me when I was looking at this car today and notifying me of this thread. I searched more into the car and everything seems 2 be checking out a few minor things that correspond with the car are

Vin plate

Model plate

Some scratches that you can see on the front bumper passenger side

Side vent grills

Engine bay pieces: including a weird oil cap and a few other out of the normal pieces

Some of the things that have changed obviously starting with the

Wheels Now stock with same tyres as the all auto photos

Stereo : single din with coin holder from the LCD screen

Now the weird things

Door and window trims seem to be sun damaged

Boot is perfect but carpet smells wet and mould (just don't know where it's been left)

All original tools and stockie seems perfect no rust

Interior on main centre panel is cracked not badly, weird for a 23 thousand km car

Bolts from seats seem to be fiddled with (dealer informed me about the seats needed to be taken out 2 check for bolt strength) or just replaced with new ones (then stated it wasn't complied yet)

Carpet n carpet Matt's perfect condition

Stereo weirdly new and seemed to be Australian supplied (no stupid Japanese writing and overly large translucent knobs )

Steering wheel perfect

The LCD display was cracked kinda looked like it had been sun damaged or been through trauma

That's all really all in all mad car but with all this weird stuff I just don't know

Also the dealer said that this said car was a different one as stated on here as the colour is different 11 midnight purple instead of the 111 as stated and that it couldn't be the car as it just came in from Japan. I said I wanted the vin number and shipping documents he said he didn't have them as the car would be getting the complied later this week and if I came in he would give me the CIV or something.

There also looks like there's a little rust in the back passenger corner boot

He also stated that the creator of this thread and the owner hated each other

Sorry for my rant just want to put the pieces to this puzzle together

Edited by Poppa_bukakke