SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

My thoughts Exactly !!! Cannon is for the Kids and Mind Meltingly loud with the Bung out.

Couldn't pass this up at 99% new. 3" in and out into Twin 3" tip.

It's stainless but I'll just get a Mild Steel pipe welded on.

I know I'm gonna Love it. :D

ARCE!

It's one of these. ---->> http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=11290

Gauges will look tidy as I think. No bells or whistles. Just Gauges. Undecided whether to light them up Blue or Red.

Edit* We'll see if $150 worth of gauges works for longer than $45 worth. LOL

• Like 1

Gauges will look tidy as I think. No bells or whistles. Just Gauges. Undecided whether to light them up Blue or Red.

Edit* We'll see if $150 worth of gauges works for longer than $45 worth. LOL

In yet ? Keen to C

In yet ? Keen to C

Maybe later Big Fella. Too Knackered lastnite.

Rob,

i have a 3" stainless flange if you want it.

Actually got 2 but youd only need one right?

Thanks Mik but I asked the guy (Roadway Exhaust) what the best way to go would be.

a) Cut the Cannon off and put a flange on it + the pipe + the muffler.

He reckoned too Many Flanges. I told him you can NEVER have too many Flanges. *giggles*

b) Weld a pipe and flange onto the Muffler.

This he is going to do.

Mild steel pipe is half the price of Stainless and will last ten years.

One of these things is Not like the other...

post-78856-0-03320200-1382142162_thumb.jpg

I didn't realise til I pulled the Boost Gauge out (last) that they don't match.

I specificaly went for the ones with the black dealy on the needle.

Oh well, I'll put them in anyway and maybe buy another one. If anyone is keen for an all Red Needled one, perhaps we can do a trade or something.

Yeah steel is the smart choice.

but i mean the muffler, isnt that stainless, do you need a flange for it, or has it already got one?

just they are $40 each and ill never use these, so rather than pay for one, get mine for nothing.

If you need it.

The Stainless muffler will be welded to a Steel Pipe which will need to bolt up at the diff, so I guess the Flange will likely just be a Mild Steel one. I probably don't really need it as the whole welding/ bolting is only $120 to do.

But if I get him to do the multi-flange choice a) then I would need 3 flanges to be able to swap from muffler to cannon at will.

Maybe can I get both from you for $$$ just in case? or grab them and if I don't use them, I'll give them back to you. :D

Sweet! :thumbsup:

Gauges are in (Not all sensors hooked up yet) but the boost gauge works well. Snappier response than my old Type-R Ebay jobby.

Will have to do some trickery to get some Red or Blue leds in them but for now we have Default Bulb Glow.

post-78856-0-65148200-1382185175_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

looks good rob, you got me thinking - i reckon thats the gauge I will go with in my spare DIN slot - did you get the electronic gauges?

Also; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SPECO-50MM-METER-STREET-SERIES-2-0-30-PSI-MECHANICAL-BOOST-VAC-GAUGE-/331041375905?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d139a86a1 looks like the boost gauge equivalent