SAU Community

Gt-R Front Spoiler Skid Plate

MJR35

Hi, I am a Newbie GT-R Owner.. I have just bought a MY11 Demo from my Local Dealership. As the car was a Demo it has some superficial damage on the the underneath edge of the Front Spoiler where it was scraped over some gutters/driveways during test drives.. The Dealer is getting this repaired before i take delivery, however in checking the web, i have found that Stillen in California makes a Polyurethane Front Spoiler Skid Plate that can be attached to the underneath front lip edge of the spoiler with some double sided tape and some screws. I was thinking of fitting this after they repaired the damage..

http://www.stillen.c...0217-39030.html

It costs $240USD, however because of the bulky size of the part's packaging, it costs over $400 in Freight (Box size 173cm x 61cm x 18cm )

My question , does anyone know if this part can be purchased locally in Australia through some local distributor/shop and the local freight would be a bit more reasonable ? Has anyone fitted one of these in Australia ?

As far as know there is know one in Australia that stocks Stillen parts on the self.

If you are interested I was looking at getting a Stillen Front Spoiler in the new year, If they can put them in the same box we could share the shipping costs? Send me a PM if you want to work something out.

• 1 month later...

Guys , I have tried 4 separate emails to Stillen after my original Email prior to XMAS about bundling a shipment up for multiple members.. I havent heard anything back from Stillen despite many follow ups... I dont understand whats wrong, or whether its just they took an extended holiday over XMAS.. The last Quote i got from Kevin Romero from Stillen was $450USD Freight for a single Skid Plate was on Dec 20th 2012, I have sent him and other contacts at Stillen the request they bundle multiple Skid Plates in the same box for the $450 USD.. (Its not weight, its Volumetric Weight for Freight company that determined the price..) I have almost given up , given poor customer response they have shown after 4 weeks.... Mike..

would suggest contacting Concept Z Performance in the US, stillen are shocking for customer service. Coz (the owner) is very prompt to reply, shipping very quick & they stock r35 gear too. CZP & Z1 (also worth an email) are the top US sellers for 'Z' chassis cars, check aus300zx.com if your after feedback on either.

I have sent an email to West Covina Nissan (Nismo Shop) on ebay in regards to getting parts shipped to Australia and have received a reply advising there shipping company will not send large items to Australia. Pretty poor being they advertise they do then you look at their feed back and its not thet great so may explain a lot and would not take the risk to deal with them.

But they are not a Stillen supplier so no luck there.

yes they are, unless there's a specific part I'm missing they sell everything for the z32 & it looks like plenty for the r35...

edit: in fact this is what your after isn't it? http://www.conceptzperformance.com/Cart/description.php?II=9507&Car_Type=GTR&UID=2013012823254662.157.39.105

Edited by lidz

Lidz, yeah thats for the MY08-MY10 GTR (US MY09-MY11) which is wanted by some of the group, but there is a few of us who also want the same part for MY11-MY12 (US MY12-MY13) which is different .. I notice that Concept Z didnt have the later model for sale.. I finally got a very apologetic response back directly from Stillen overnight confirming they could package 4 of these into a single box (68"x26"x7"), but they havent confirmed the freight back to me which i have asked them to confirm.

Amazing there isnt any Australian Retailer that sells it.

yes they are, unless there's a specific part I'm missing they sell everything for the z32 & it looks like plenty for the r35...

edit: in fact this is what your after isn't it? http://www.conceptzp...4662.157.39.105

Wow, Last time I ordered parts from Concept Z around 9 months ago they didnt sell Stillen parts. Will have to check their web site more often.

I have just ordered one of these from D1 Perforamnce on eBay is a copy of the Stillen front lip and less then half price. Will see how it fits when it arrives.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/09-10-11-Nissan-GTR-R35-STL-Style-JDM-Front-Bumper-Urethane-Lip-Chin-Spoiler-PU-/350687423908?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a6996da4&vxp=mtr

Wow, Last time I ordered parts from Concept Z around 9 months ago they didnt sell Stillen parts. Will have to check their web site more often.

I have just ordered one of these from D1 Perforamnce on eBay is a copy of the Stillen front lip and less then half price. Will see how it fits when it arrives.

http://www.ebay.com/...6996da4&vxp=mtr

how much was postage?

They only charged $73.25US for USPS Priority Mail International, should arrive between 7th -14th Febuary.

Dont know why Stillen has quoted me $380 to get the same size box sent to Australia?

s.gif