SAU Community

Antz 1994 R32 Gtr Project & Restoration

Ants

Buy new shell, strip it down bare, fix any issues then reshell into shiny new freshness without having to take car off road in the meantime ;)

also good idea.

Just don't the room for another GTR

Put it in the ceiling, problem solved.

actually I have thought of a solution

I could garage my GTR in a safe place to accommodate another shell

But we will see. I will try and get some quotes from a smash repairer first as the parts are fairly cheap but as usual the labour in this instance is gonna be inzane

• Like 1

But we will see. I will try and get some quotes from a smash repairer first as the parts are fairly cheap but as usual the labour in this instance is gonna be inzane

Get a hoist and throw one on it. Drive the other under it. Double your garage space

Is the said safe place located at my house?

:P

that second photo is on the same side as the first (the RHS).

I just happened to notice it as I temporarily fixed the door hinge cracks with a backing plate.

Probably about right Shivam. The whole rear right quarter panel would need to be cut out and then new sills would be put on as well and then re-stitched and repainted.

There is an option for me to buy a bare shell with the rear quarter in good nick but am weighing up all possible options for now.

I really need to attend to the minor rust in my shell before this shiz happens.

Unfortunately Ants you live at the gold coast and it really doesn't help the situation.

I would honestly still fix your Shell. I would hate for you to get another one and find something seriously wrong with that. :unsure:

I really need to attend to the minor rust in my shell before this shiz happens.

Unfortunately Ants you live at the gold coast and it really doesn't help the situation.

I would honestly still fix your Shell. I would hate for you to get another one and find something seriously wrong with that. :unsure:

Given the age of the cars mate its only normal you will find such issues.

Some are worst than others. In my case shes really bad.

The problem I have is that my car has had a hard life in Japan and it is evident that she has been in a bad accident.

Its was repaired but very poorly (in Japan) and ever since I've owned the car I have been struggling with it chassis speaking.

It was only a matter of time before nature eats away at it.

Until I have considered all my options I am going to empty all the E85 full it up with 98 and put the covers on.

the only way to reshell a future classic mate, is to transfer.

then strip original shell to bare metal, have it professionally done strengthen etc etc etc etc and put back.

very costly but very worth it.

the only way to reshell a future classic mate, is to transfer.

then strip original shell to bare metal, have it professionally done strengthen etc etc etc etc and put back.

very costly but very worth it.

If I win the lotto I would probably do this.

But I have the patience and will wait until A. I have enough money to source another shell, or B. have enough money to repair it.

• Like 1