SAU Community

Vacuum Hose

ab20000

What vacuum hose do you use on the RB26? I have been advised not to use the silicone hose as it can split but this is the only vacuum hose that seems to be sold - I guess I can use some 6mm ID fuel hose (AN4) but wondering what you guys use?

Cheers,

Silicone hose plus OEM type spring hose clamps work fine on anything that has a barb or flare on the end of it. If you're trying to put the hose onto a pipe with no barb/flare, silicone may well creep off, especially with boost.

I have successfully made a flare on the end of such pipes before by using a little epoxy putty to build up the outside of the pipe tip.

Each to their own Anthony, no-one bagged you out for buying an overpriced Stagea... Did they...

Turbosmart makes some of the best silicone Vacuum hose I have found, the Autobarn stuff kept splitting on me. Definitely cable tie the ends, should be good for over 50psi as tested by myself.

It just can't handle the heat. I have replaced all my stock hoses due to leaks as they had all gone hard. After a few years, the replacement hoses have all gone hard and are leaking again. Silicone doesn't have that problem.

Why don't we use rubber on our aftermarket intercooler piping joins? Because we have all seen the factory rubber go hard causing leaks. Reinforced Silicone ftw.

• 9 months later...