SAU Community

S A U - N S W Tech Night 21St Feb - Detailing

GTR-N1

Massive thanks to the Motoractive guys for putting on a brilliant night, their generosity with time and the prizes was fantastic. Bought a whole swag of products and price was incredibly reasonable.

As Victory said the wraps were very good I was surprised at the quality of the finish on the R31!

I will definitely put the carbon wrap to good use!

Also how good was the carpark looking? MNP III and pearl white Nur R34 GTRs, Nick's and Eric's tough 33Rs, a range of very nice skylines and stags, E46 M3, and Aston V8 volante

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to SAU and Motor Active for putting on a great night! The brushed steel turned out amazing so thanks heaps for that.

+1 that came up great, good score :)

Great bunch of guys you are & so, the Meguiar's crew enjoyed it too.

This club of ours is the only club to have received a complimentary "wrap" > and not only did they give away one > it was two!!!

The winner of the "best sport award" has to go to Duncan!!!

> there he was minding his own business

> waiting for the door prizes to be given out

> I held ticket #18

> Duncan held ticket #26

> I said, "Take this. This is the winning ticket!"

> Duncan obligingly swapped

> The first prize awarded was of course, ticket #26

> Ticket #18 didn't win anything

> I'll let you know one day Duncan what was in the box :whistling:

This story is word for word true. But to be honest, nothing will ever beat winning that navara t-shirt at the 21st anniversary GTR R32 cruise

Duncan, your comment about the Rotary, LOl

Let's face it, no-one likes them

Was a good night indeed thanks to everybody who made this happen! Got straight home from work this afternoon and started the same process Owens bonnet undertook on my entire car.......BY HAND! 3 hours later I'm still not finished lol! Its damn hard work! Will post pics up tomorrow when finished :)

Thanks to Terry for doing most of the work in setting this night up (us Execs didn't have to do much at all, so full credit to him!). Thanks to the Motor Active crew for the night, a very informative and enjoyable night!

Hahaha its wrapped in car cover at the moment but looks like the lousy weatherImy Gunna let me finish the job :(

Mick, is the vehicle outside or undercover? If outside probably not a good idea putting a car cover over the vehicle just after freshly detailed the vehicle.

Basically a car cover will allow some water to seep through (as a car covers composition will not block 100% of water) and heat transfer .....and these two conditions can result in "blotches" in your paintwork. This happened to someone I know who finished detailing their car, was happy with the result, put a car cover on, rained overnight, was very hot and humid the next morning, and then noticed all blotches over their paintwork.

Mick, is the vehicle outside or undercover? If outside probably not a good idea putting a car cover over the vehicle just after freshly detailed the vehicle.

Basically a car cover will allow some water to seep through (as a car covers composition will not block 100% of water) and heat transfer .....and these two conditions can result in "blotches" in your paintwork. This happened to someone I know who finished detailing their car, was happy with the result, put a car cover on, rained overnight, was very hot and humid the next morning, and then noticed all blotches over their paintwork.

The car is outside Benji so far it hasnt stopped raining so hopefully it doesnt get blotches :unsure:

Cheers for the advice though. Majorly pissed bout the weather put ALOT of hard work into my car yesterday :domokun:

ahahahhahaha Matt's expression in the last photo! DAT WRAP

Terry - just mates who've seen it, they think it's really nice and are considering getting some other parts wrapped too, I know where to direct them for purchasing =) oh and I did get a guy driving beside me shout out 'nice car' and thumbs up!

But just mainly me. I stare at my car for even longer than usual now...

ahahahhahaha Matt's expression in the last photo! DAT WRAP

Terry - just mates who've seen it, they think it's really nice and are considering getting some other parts wrapped too, I know where to direct them for purchasing =) oh and I did get a guy driving beside me shout out 'nice car' and thumbs up!

But just mainly me. I stare at my car for even longer than usual now...

Haha I don't know what that was :P

Seriously mate the car looks heaps better now, big difference before vs. after :)