SAU Community

The Wasteland 2013 Edition

heslo

So the Shahin Family have bought Tailem Bend and are going to develop it into a motor sport park....

I wonder how it will go?

Once again it is to far away in my opinion. We still need something closer to the CBD :(

And will they price gouge like Mallala and AIR???

Not wanting to come across as rude, but you've never been interstate have you mate?

Eastern Creek is nearly an hour out of the Sydney CBD

Winton is what, 3 odd hours from Melbourne

I saw the article online from the Murray Valley Standard this morning regarding the CAMS assessment of the options (Monarto, Gillman, AIR and TB). Tailem Bend seemed to be the plan that worked the best

*edit - i'll quote straight from it*

TAILEM Bend has been announced as South Australia’s future motor sport hub.

Each site was assessed on its commercial suitability, location, land use, potential for expansion and nearby development, and the effect noise would have on the local community.

Sport Minister Leon Bignell said he had asked the experts to help sort out the government’s motor sport priorities, but cautioned that Tailem Bend did not yet have any guarantee of funding.CAMS also took input from the Australian National Drag Racing Association, Motorcycling South Australia, the Australian Karting Association, Speedway Australia and the South Australian Motor Sports Board.

“To help the government make an informed judgement, I commissioned CAMS, the internationally recognised peak body for motor sport, to evaluate the proposals.

“Their report was done at no cost to the government, and there was no commitment from government to fund a motor sport facility.”

Nonetheless, community and corporate director Nat Traeger said the Coorong council was delighted at CAMS’ choice.

“Council is thrilled with the report and the fact it (council) backed itself in the first place to buy the site from Mitsubishi,” she said.

“Our big vision was for it to become an important precinct for motor sport.”

However, she was less delighted at a television news report which identified Peregrine Corporation as the site’s new owners.

The council and corporation are still confidentially negotiating the final details of the sale after an expression of interest process.

The council had expected to formally announce Peregrine Corporation’s successful bid next week.

The motor sport park’s current operators, Coorong Property Group, manage the site under a lease that will expire on November 30.

The news that Tailem Bend was the preferred site dealt a blow to hopes for development at Cougar International Raceway at Monarto, as well as to consortiums at Gillman and Virginia.

CAMS also assessed existing facilities at Mallala.

What CAMS said

Tailem Bend: government assistance with land purchase and construction of a multi-discipline, multi-user facility which is self-sustaining, self-funding and managed by major stakeholders including the sport and the government.

“CAMS considers Tailem Bend represents the most viable and, in general, best option for surety of a venue for the sport into the future of all the proposals considered.

“The development of the facility will be dependent on external funding, public or private, as the current operators do not have the equity to purchase the land from the Coorong council.”

Monarto: government-funded drag strip on private land.

“The restrictions on use and land size make this proposal unviable for the majority of the motor sport community.”

Gillman, proposal one: government-funded motor racing track and drag strip, with ongoing management and operation by a third party.

“This proposal is not viable.”

Gillman, proposal two: privately-funded motor racing track and drag strip.

“This proposal, while exciting and dynamic, and relatively close to the populace, does not represent a viable long-term future for the wider motor sport community.”

Virginia: government assistance with the upgrade of Adelaide International Raceway’s drag and circuit facilities, and addition of driver training, motocross, karting, off-road competition and major non-motor sport events.

“Limited development opportunities, a high degree of private commercial involvement in the ownership, development and control of the venue and long-term surety of motor sport operations being subject to the objectives of the private commercial entity may prevent this proposal offering significant long-term security and benefit to the sport’s participants.

“This may be particularly so at the elite level.”

“Whilst a proposal was not received by the Office for Recreation and Sport on behalf of this venue, CAMS considers that it is important to include in its evaluation of current motor sport venues.Mallala: no proposal received.

Im all for it TBH, knowing he's got the money (def not short of a quid), if he puts into it what they say, Mallala could have some stiff old competition. Might not send Clem completely broke, but we'll have the advantage of 2 circuits within an hour of the CBD

• 2 weeks later...

When my drivers power window was playing up, I took it to Main North Nissan - they told me what was wrong, and I had them order the parts in from Japan and fit it later.

It wasn't cheap, but I knew they would fix it right.

When my drivers power window was playing up, I took it to Main North Nissan - they told me what was wrong, and I had them order the parts in from Japan and fit it later.

It wasn't cheap, but I knew they would fix it right.

How much did it cost you from Nissan directly?

Murry, I have recently done my windows in the V35 and it is the easiest job. Buy them from the USA and fit them yourself. First side would take you 1/2 an hour start to finish - the 2nd one you will do in under 15 mins as you will have figured out how to do it.

I got both delivered for about $360. You will pay significantly more than one for supply only from Nissan Aus from memory. (They had both LH and RH sides advertised when I bought mine).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-NISSAN-OEM-FACTORY-WINDOW-MOTOR-LEFT-SIDE-350Z-G35-BRAND-NEW-80731-CD00A-/190894087759?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AG35&hash=item2c722c9e4f&vxp=mtr

If you want help fitting them let me know and I will help you.

Hi all :)

Does anyone have any Mychron Light TG timers with or without the beacon or similar that would work with the club owned system. Looking for a few extras for Nationals at Mallala on Friday????

A thank you reimbursement may be possible...

Needed by Thursday night for the Friday.

Reply or PM

Murry, I have recently done my windows in the V35 and it is the easiest job. Buy them from the USA and fit them yourself. First side would take you 1/2 an hour start to finish - the 2nd one you will do in under 15 mins as you will have figured out how to do it.

I got both delivered for about $360. You will pay significantly more than one for supply only from Nissan Aus from memory. (They had both LH and RH sides advertised when I bought mine).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-NISSAN-OEM-FACTORY-WINDOW-MOTOR-LEFT-SIDE-350Z-G35-BRAND-NEW-80731-CD00A-/190894087759?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AG35&hash=item2c722c9e4f&vxp=mtr

If you want help fitting them let me know and I will help you.

Cheers man but i need to replace the motor on an R34, i opened the door up already and it's all mounted behind the metal encasing which you can't access lol. I think i may need to pull the window assembly out :/ I've done it myself before on my V35, and you're right it ain't too hard to do on those......luckily! hahaha

So I'm like days out from getting my full license finally (after 3.5 years of no license/high performance ban), does anyone still meet up on Fridays anymore or are them days long gone?

So I'm like days out from getting my full license finally (after 3.5 years of no license/high performance ban), does anyone still meet up on Fridays anymore or are them days long gone?

I will be keen in a months time after my arm and leg are healed and i finish off my car. Every time i work on it a week later i hurt myself.