SAU Community

The Wasteland 2013 Edition

heslo

My radiator heater tank is leaking, and the rest of my radiator isn't looking too good either, so I'm looking to buy a new one. Where's a good place to look?

I have a s1 r33 gtst

Thanks in advance guys!

My radiator heater tank is leaking, and the rest of my radiator isn't looking too good either, so I'm looking to buy a new one. Where's a good place to look?

I have a s1 r33 gtst

Thanks in advance guys!

got my radiator from ebay. perfect fit and works great.

Really if it is leaking and in bad shape then you need to get it replaced ASAP. Just head to a radiator shop...

Go see the guys at Holden Hill radiators or someone similar. They have Koyorad and Adrad usually in stock and can fit them pretty quickly.

Even go a thicker core while you are at it :)

The ebay ones can be hit and miss. Do you really want to entrust one of you engines most critical processes to something that is not of a certain quality.

Well that is how I think...

Woops my bad - should have posted this here: My apologies to the mods.

I'm doing a suspension mod and need some 3/4 bright mild steel rod. Where can I buy this stuff from in Adelaide. Preferably southern Adelaide...

Google comes back a few results, all of which are NFG. If only JB Cameron's or somebody would open in Adelaide... There must be an equivalent ?

Thanks!

Jeff

We've put ebay alloy rads in 4 cars now, and they are all great. Put a 50mm dual row in the R33 the other week as the plastic top hose nipple was cracking in the original - was a tight fit but no problems. I think it was around $150 shipped. Had to mod the intake snorkel slightly to clear the radiator, but other than that it bolted straight in.

Hey Pete, remember at Kadina I was telling you about how I was mining Bitcoins and all about the whole alt-currency concept? Well back then a Bitcoin was worth just over US$100 - they are about to crack US$1,000 per Bitcoin!!!!!

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg180ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv

Luckily I have a few :ninja: - but not nearly as many as I would like. Sadly in July I decided that the electricity cost and hardware depreciation was not justifiable at around US$100 per Bitcoin - I was only just breaking even. Wish I had a time machine now!

But I wouldn't be nearly as sad as his guy (I think I told you this story back then).

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/this-pizza-is-worth-750000

But update the price of that pizza to around US$9M now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...should've listened to you bud! :/

The running costs and constant supervision freaked me out a little but yeah, in the same vein, I wish I bought a whole bunch of properties at the turn of the century.

With the massive property boom we've experienced, I'd be a squillionaire now!!

Might try and invent the time machine I reckon :w00t:

Wow...should've listened to you bud! :/

The running costs and constant supervision freaked me out a little but yeah, in the same vein, I wish I bought a whole bunch of properties at the turn of the century.

With the massive property boom we've experienced, I'd be a squillionaire now!!

Might try and invent the time machine I reckon :w00t:

what.......you mean you are not :P

Just make sure it's a nissan time machine.

that'll need a rebuild :P

So - 2nd Yr Radiaton Science completed.

Yay!

Just a few weeks of clinical placement, then some time off.

Seems just the other day that I woke up one morning on rock bottom (when I probably shouldnt have continued breathing), decided to change for the better & went cold turhkey off the Duragesic - a hard core opiate med, got into a course with a 99 TER a couple of months later, and now half way there to a satisfying career.

Should have bought bitcoins tho :/

• Like 2

Congrats Brendan - you must be loving life!

Oh, and http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/365851,bitcoin-soars-past-1000.aspx?eid=19&edate=20131128&utm_source=20131128&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter&nl=daily&[email protected]

There must be literally tens of thousands of instant millionaires this week.

Woops my bad - should have posted this here: My apologies to the mods.
I'm doing a suspension mod and need some 3/4 bright mild steel rod. Where can I buy this stuff from in Adelaide. Preferably southern Adelaide...
Google comes back a few results, all of which are NFG. If only JB Cameron's or somebody would open in Adelaide... There must be an equivalent ?
Thanks!
Jeff

Interalloy @ Cavan. We use them for all our round bar in our machine shop. Im assuming it's for adj. arms of some description?

I find that whole Silk Road thing so interesting. I wonder if another one has opened?

Congrats Brendan - you must be loving life!

Oh, and http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/365851,bitcoin-soars-past-1000.aspx?eid=19&edate=20131128&utm_source=20131128&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter&nl=daily&[email protected]

There must be literally tens of thousands of instant millionaires this week.

Still going to probably head out for a boot if anyone else is out tonight...