SAU Community

03-07 Gauge Upgrade

Hi all...

Been off here a while now. Good to be back.

Quick question, if you have the stock basic gauges (instrument cluster) are you able to upgrade to the premium model?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-INFINITI-G35-AUTOMATIC-SPEEDOMETER-OEM-/200821103813?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec1dedcc5&vxp=mtr

That one to be exact.

Ta much

you guys might want to have a read of this thread......http://g35driver.com/forums/lighting/99235-put-05-06-gauge-cluster-my-03-a.html

and if you can't be bothered, this pic tells a thousand words.....

070109119.jpg

Just guessing, but I don't think it is probably as bad as that pic suggests.. by the look of it, the mess of wires is just someone's home made adaptor cable with connectors for the S1 harness on one end and connectors for the S2 cluster on the other end.. if you can get the correct connectors, the service manuals and some good multicore cable, I am sure you could make up your own adaptors that look much nicer..

Still not a nice 'plug and play' job though..

yeah for sure, the thread basically talks about how he paid for an auto elec to come up with a solution to get the S2 gauge working in his S1 and that was the result. He did a bit of work to make it neater, but it still comes down to the fact that you need to rewire everything.

I have done a little bit of wiring in my time, and learned a few things as I have gone along, but there is no way in hell I would take on that job. To get that many things working perfectly (and lets be honest, what's the point of a gauge that doesn't work perfectly?) would be a literal nightmare. A job best left for the pros, and it would not be cheap!

besides - this would be much cooler.....

0602_impp_14z+2002_subaru_impreza_wrx+stack_gauges.jpg