SAU Community

Looks Like Garrett Slipped Another Gtx30 Variant In .

Not really related but I have seen these new GTX3067Rs on a few patrols and as for response they are alot less laggy than a 71 or 76r turbo. They go absolutely great with the 4.2 turbo diesel, spool up nice and early with the stock GU pumps compared to a GT3071R which with the same fuel setup was a bit doughy and laggy.

That's the sort of performance I banked on when deciding to go with the GTX3067. GT3071R like power but a bit better response. What I was really looking for was a suitable substitute for the HKS 2835 Pro S. If it performs like that I'll be super happy.

Haha, you guys are hanging out? It's been just over 6 weeks since I dropped the car off now, so really hope the rest of the work goes smoothly... and that it comes up with a decent result...

At any rate, will post up results as soon as I can. :yes:

Haha yeah man, I bet you are chomping at the bit!!! It's been ages since I've been in that position and I still remember it pretty clearly. Good luck!

No concrete results as yet. Tune was started yesterday. They're currently testing with more preload into actuator to see if boost can come on earlier (not sure how much I should read into that...). But was told is progressing without any issues which is a relief.

Due to be finished this afternoon so hopefully will receive dyno sheet later today.

Getting rather nervous.... :sweat:

Tell em to hurry the faark up Mark! Lol!

People want results here :D

Wonder why they are playing with preload now?

Should've been done before the turbo was installed....Looking forward to seeing ya sheet and how it drives! If you dont post up a sheet tonight it had better be because you were driving it all night loving it! ;) lol!

Have you got an electronic boost controller?

Yep, Greddy Profec OLED.

Tell em to hurry the faark up Mark! Lol!

Haha, I know. Unfortunately won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow earliest. So driving impressions will have to wait, but yeah, should be getting dyno plot tonight.

Dunno, what the deal is with the preload testing. Not sure if it's obvious from previous posts, but mechanical work was done by one group (Galvsport) and tune at another (PZP). I guess Galvsport leaves that sort of adjustment up to the tuner?

Makes it sound like it might be done?

My AVCR wasn't up to controlling the way my old Garrett internal gate needed to be to make it aggressively go to and hold full boost so it had a lazy boost curve. It wasn't laggy, the gate just cracked open too early.

Looking forward to hearing how it went!

yeah sounds like an interesting combination, with GTX though I think of lazy onto boost but then violent in my case, but lets see what she puts out, Im positive she'll give

you some interesting onto boost thrills.. 270kw is my prediction with healthy midrange.

I hope they load that boost up, like 20psi then bleed it off, will be so much more angry that way..

Edited by AngryRB

^ yeah agreed, that will be one of the best ways of dealing with this turbo - though again would have been particularly ideal with the .63. Still very keen to hear how it went... hard to find the silence unnerving when usually a good result comes with a "W00t - it did <insert positive result details>!!!"

Hope it has all been done and come together well :)

Woot! it did...

... actually I don't know. Didn't hear back last night. Getting a bit weary of chasing up, I just seem to get myself (and you guys) worked up, haha. I imagine I'm low on the priority list for Galvsport seeing as they usually work on bazillion horse power GTR builds and the like.

Agreed on both comments above. I asked to target for around 20psi. Was told it basically comes down to whatever the turbo will give and engine can handle, which makes sense.

I have mixed feelings about the 0.63 vs 0.82 housing. 0.63 was definitely the original plan (or so I thought) to maximise response, but now with the 0.82 hopefully less risk of boost creep issues. Will also allow like for like comparison with other turbos such as GT3071 & GTX3071.

If I ever get results that is... :unsure:

Bugger!

I don't think you are likely to have boost creep issues even with the .63 - compressor isn't big enough to push more boost than you are aiming for, really. My reasoning for the .63 versus .82 comes partly down to exhaust volume/speed versus compressor size - your compressor will need more shaft speed (ie, spinning the same turbine) to move enough air to keep an RB25 happy versus say a GT3076R or even GT3071R. A smaller a/r will cause a higher shaft speed versus flow through the engine, and a higher turbine speed is a happier more efficient turbine - the fact the compressor won't be pushing all the air in the world at those higher speeds is a good thing (in my head) for keeping differential pressure a bit more in check than some combos shooting for similar power would achieve.

On the flip side, I think the 0.82 may take some of the wind out it's sails for the same reasons - so without really good boost control it'd not surprise me if there was a bit of a lazy boost curve (not to be confused with lag - more boost control), though there is also the potential for it to really take the octane limiting edge off it - so per psi you may get reasonable numbers considering the size turbo and the whole stock manifolds etc situation.

It's a very different combo for an RB25, no doubt part of why there is so much interest.

That comment of yours seems rather prescient Lith...

Just had word the reason for the delay is they're troubleshooting boost control/ramp rate issues. Believing it due to be down to actuator not performing as it should, so he's in discussion with MTQ and tuner about solution. I'm not sure exactly what actuator it is, other than being a genuine Garrett item.

Having only seen second hand info, hard to say, but sounding suspiciously like what you've described just a minute ago when using 0.82 housing...

At the rate I'm going you'll probably be finished before me! Haha.

What's your setup?

Just on previous point, asked Josh (from Galvsport) if he thought 0.82 housing may be the culprit. He said there's no problem with the response; the issue is with the gate opening prematurely leading to lazy ramp up.

Oh no way man you will be finished way before me.

I have been gathering parts etc while dragging my ass ( not literally like a dog) getting shit done around the house, start my build next month.

Have been buy parts when cash is available and thankfully I have majority of the exy stuff now so it is all my own labour to come.

Nothing real flash really, not looking to join the 300 killa wasp class yet just after a good responsive daily that doesn't draw too much attention from the plod.

Normal mods like forward facing Freddy manifold, high mount exhaust manifold with IWG gtx3076, looking at the .63 housing as well for response same as you,

Ps 2000 Haltech with long loom and perhaps flex fuel so I can run E85 when I update the Std injectors and throttle body for now until the need for more speed oh and the cash allows lol

I hear good things about Galvsport, talked to them a few times and always been helpful, I go through a mate Peter up at Gidgie motors up in the hills now though.

Cheers and look forward to your end results

My first time getting work done through Galvsport. Read many good things about quality of their work. Pretty keen to finally get a good look at their work.

Noticed you said GTX3076. We're mostly talking about the baby GTX3067 in this thread though. Typo?