SAU Community

Looks Like Garrett Slipped Another Gtx30 Variant In .

Yeah internal gate. Trying to keep it relatively simple and stealthy. Also makes upgrade to GTX3071 easy later if I want to go the next step.

• 3 weeks later...

So... Looks like this will be up and running soon. Booked in for tune on Wednesday (11th).

Spec list as follows, will be interesting to see what it produces.

1994 S1 R33

~165,000 kms, unopened engine

Nistune ECU

GTX3067 w/ 0.82 A/R Garrett internal gate housing

Stock manifolds

Pod filter - Alloy pipe intake

Z32 AFM

Blitz return flow FMIC

Greddy Profec OLED boost controller

Nismo 740cc injectors

Walbro 465 pump

3" Custom stainless exhaust.

Hopefully all the required supporting mods are there to let this turbo do its stuff. Shame I didn't end up getting the 0.63 A/R housing as first thought, but now interested to see what it will do with the 0.82.

So... Looks like this will be up and running soon. Booked in for tune on Wednesday (11th).

Spec list as follows, will be interesting to see what it produces.

• 1994 S1 R33
  • ~165,000 kms, unopened engine
  • Nistune ECU
  • GTX3067 w/ 0.82 A/R Garrett internal gate housing
  • Stock manifolds
  • Pod filter - Alloy pipe intake
  • Z32 AFM
  • Blitz return flow FMIC
  • Greddy Profec OLED boost controller
  • Nismo 740cc injectors
  • Walbro 465 pump
  • 3" Custom stainless exhaust.

Hopefully all the required supporting mods are there to let this turbo do its stuff. Shame I didn't end up getting the 0.63 A/R housing as first thought, but now interested to see what it will do with the 0.82.

Indeed - me too, it's quite a different setup to really anything else done on here and it may provide an interesting result. I have reservations about the 0.82a/r housing but there are ways it will potentially help it, too.

EDIT: Seems to be a time limit on when I can edit my posts...

For me it will be interesting to see how this compares with previous results of GT3071 with same turbine housing. It seems like GTX turbos flow about the same as next size up GTs, so GT3071 power with bit better response would be nice.

Trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Edited by M@&k

Yeah, don't get too ahead of yourself - though for what it's worth I think the expectations seem pretty realistic. I suspect it should have some hilariously usable power :) Look forward to hearing driving impressions of it when you get it back! Look forward to hear (hopefully) how it goes tomorrow

I have seen one review of a GTX3067R replacing a GT3071R in 0.63 housings and it spooled slightly earlier than the GT3071R .

To be fair these turbos use different compressor housings , T04E 0.50 AR for the 71R and T04B 0.60 AR and port shrouded for the X67R .

A .

Edited by discopotato03

Thats a bummer Mark looking forward to seeing your results :(

My guess is you will see around 250-260kw if your setup has a good exhaust and intake system.

Good luck & looking forward to your driving impressions :)

Thanks Mick. I reckon that's a sensible expectation of power, but to be honest, I think I'll be a tad disappointed if it doesn't make a bit more :)

Anyone else care to make a guess?

I think you should of gone the 3071 if you wanted more mate ;)

My car was well sorted and I only went 288kw knocked back to 278kw on around 23psi on quite a low reading dyno with the 3071 and you have 4mm less of compressor so dont know what that will equate to.. Apart from ALOT of fun as I think its gunna be all in around 3500 :)

Edited by Mick_o

You haven't really given much of an impression of how free flowing your exhaust is etc, so I'm going to be different - go out on a limb here and say just over 270rwkw is possible if all goes well - and if boost control isn't lazy and depending on dyno run rate, 1bar in the low 3000rpm range.

Again, all depends on quality of tune and parts, how well the dyno is set up, and how good my crystal ball is haha.

Mick_O's prediction is probably a realistic expectation to set, however - I wouldn't aim higher, I'm just being devil's advocate as I think >270kw is in the realms of possibility.