SAU Community

The Abomination: [Wtf033]

There is but only one criticism I have of your setup, and no, it's not the fact it's auto...

The radiator support, if your gearbox and motor setup was anything like mine, it means you're going to have to do the old split the gearbox and motor apart while in the car if you need to pull the motor out again... It's my only issue, I personally would have made that rail a bolt in piece...

And in saying that, it makes me want to finish mine off really badly :(

Yer I'm aware of this, I have a sneaky feeling that if its a bolt in piece it's illegal :/... Ill have to do more research lol.

GT-R > S2 > S1

It has an LS1, it needs a big T wing! :yes: haha

Come on Nik, more photos, more updates! And do your best on the weekend to get a vid of it running!

Now I know why you mentioned about putting a Holden badge on your R33.....

You should put an HSV badge on it :nyaanyaa:

haha u didn't realise from you know my car, listed... There <<<<

No hsv badge, thinking about a gts57 sticker done in gts25-t font ;).

And I'll do my best this week end for some videos mmmmkay, won't be anything exciting that will have to wait until happy laps in April.

Quick rev just to prove it runs ;) (best listened to with headphones as its really deep)

haha u didn't realise from you know my car, listed... There <<<<

No hsv badge, thinking about a gts57 sticker done in gts25-t font ;).

And I'll do my best this week end for some videos mmmmkay, won't be anything exciting that will have to wait until happy laps in April.

Quick rev just to prove it runs ;) (best listened to with headphones as its really deep)

No worries mate,

I apologies for being drop kick.

Project sounds and looks tough, gonna be for drag I presume???

No worries mate,

I apologies for being drop kick.

Project sounds and looks tough, gonna be for drag I presume???

Haha no worries man, and yer i only live about 45 minutes from willowbank so the car is being built as a weekend car for a bit of fun (but obviously with drag racing in mind as its my Motorsport of choice :wub:) and also as something different to a majority of the other 33s you see around.

When I eventually get it out to the strip ill post up videos.

yep, heard that.

I had my time at the drags a while back. A bit of hike for me though coming from the Gold Coast, but now I intend to be doing the same trip but to QR instead as I have converted from drag to circuit ;)

be great to catch up one day.

Don't do it, I thought the same thing 2 years ago when it was not the abomination it is today (And NIck I believe I was the first to call it an abomination) and I haven't been able to get rid of him ever since

Don't do it, I thought the same thing 2 years ago when it was not the abomination it is today (And NIck I believe I was the first to call it an abomination) and I haven't been able to get rid of him ever since

bahhh ahahahaahah Cap must be a top bloke then ;)

bahhh ahahahaahah Cap must be a top bloke then ;)

Yer Chris hearts me :P, bring sime beer or scotch and we'll be best mates lol

It's more the fact u need me to keep you on your toes, Tso's to placid without me lol, also yes u dubbed it the abomination ;)

yep, heard that.

I had my time at the drags a while back. A bit of hike for me though coming from the Gold Coast, but now I intend to be doing the same trip but to QR instead as I have converted from drag to circuit ;)

Hell yer man come up I attend most Wednesday night test and tunes just go around poking people and screaming "CAPTAIN!" until u find me lol

So had the car into an ultratune (rip off merchants of the earth) to be put over a diagnostics machine to find out what is wrong with this stupid gearbox the pricks charged me 106.45 for mayb 15 minutes "work" ie plug machine into obd2 port.

Anyway, it returned the errors codes for shift solenoid a&b and torque converter lock up failure. They basically told me to fark off as the had no interest in dealing with the issue any further. So now I'm back to square one, ill be checking the transmission fuse this arvo (as it only just occurred to me that it could be blown), other than the I guess it's anyone's guess as to what's wrong and just start with trial and error :angry:

THE PROBLEM: no 1st or 4th gear even when manually trying to select them, car takes off in 3rd unless you physically lock it in 1st or second in which case it starts in 2nd gear.

(Could be a faulty shift solenoid... I duno :rant:)

If anyone has experience with a 4l60e gearbox help is appreciated

Have you not got an auto place to take it too? If its a shift solenoid its not the end of the world man....

Is it staying in limp mode (assume 3rd) due to the fault codes? Did they clear them?

Have you not got an auto place to take it too? If its a shift solenoid its not the end of the world man....

Is it staying in limp mode (assume 3rd) due to the fault codes? Did they clear them?

Yer up in Toowoomba, everything's just an inconvenience due to the stupid p plates, will ring some auto places later this week. Hopefully a solenoid change isn't to expensive (if that's even what it is)