SAU Community

It's been 2 long years, but the R34 is coming...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, i'm one happy chappy :) except for that bloody wing!!! :cheers::P - nah, the km's, condition, price and few extras more than make up for that. Hopefully it won't be too hard a fix..

3 piece? shit, didn't even think how the boot was going to open, now that i look at it closely, i can see the line at the end of the 'T' bit, where it doesn't join the side pieces. Maybe i might just loose the 'T' and leave 'fins', 60's style!! :)

as for the respray, still not 100% sure. pretty expensive process. I just remember that my dad use to deal with Dupont all the time with this business, so maybe some cheap connections there to some TV2, they might lose a bucket or 2? :D I'll get the kit/suspension right first, then sus out a few avenues for respray, call some friends.

cheers y'all

Carrozzeria FH-P7000MD head unit CD/MD (99% sure of this, hard to tell from the pics)

EDIT: Whoever wants to swap the rear wing for a stock one is MOST welcome. Not the biggest fan. Even keen to swap body kits if ppl are interested.

Congrats Chinny :P

Hopefully the stereo is still intact when the car gets here, just a warning!

As others have said, engine is normal, no noticeable mods either though.

I am keen on the bodykit, you can keep the wang.

You can pick up an R34 GTT stock wing locally for about $400 :)

Enjoy :)

Dale.

EDIT: Maybe the driver was driftin? He got so exited and couldnt contain himself - check the slight stain on drivers seat :cheers: I'm sure it will wash out mate.

hahha, yes, i noticed that stain too! :D I was told it was nothing major, should come off with a clean, J-Spec know some ppl to take it too once it lands.

Yeah Adam, thought bout no wing, it will come off so i can see how it looks then.

cheers, Astroboy.

And Dale, where could i get a wing for $400? u talking copies or genuine Nissan? I can get one for $350 fibre glass copy, but if i can get a genuine one for $400 i'll def go genuine. You sure you don't want the wang? It's a nice big wang, i heard you could do with a bigger wang :)

But might be a goer on the kit swap tho (plus a little cash adjustment :D) have to compare quality of the parts once it lands, i don't think either of us wants to inherit a chipped kit. Hopefully i'll get some more pics before it goes.

If anyone wants to get rid of their stock GT-T rear spoiler (black preferably), let me know! :D

and the head unit. Apparently the mob i'm shipping the car with, this stuff is covered under insurance or something, and if it gets stolen, i just say i had a 21" flat panel, touch screen display with DVD sat nav :D, cash pls!

Guest Munky
Do you know if the rear wing is stuck down on the sides as well?? Or is the only connecting place the pillars?? Cos i'm def taking it off, but not sure if it's gonna leave marks on the side, or even if it's stuck to the side?

It's in 3 parts. When you open the boot, only the area of the wing above the boot goes up. The supporting pillars are bolted to the body.

I like the wing, I went and saw my car again today and it reaffirmed my love of the kit. Although that wing is a bit excessive for a N/A, I still love it :D

I wish my car had the dials in the middle section of the dash. Any ideas where I'll be able to get the same information about oil levels etc, since my car is lacking the middle dials?

Also whats the deal with this 'Altia' business. I always thought it was just a Nismo kit.

Looking at the interior today again, I was more even more impressed about the interior. Mines in perfect condition, and I am counting the hours till I get it in about 3 weeks :)

Oh also the guys selling my car had 2 really nice SII R33's out the front. The white one was in perfect nick and had a fking beautiful kit on it!

the WANG is an option offered by ALTIA, who is like a major seller of Nissan accessories. They do merchandise for Nissan owners (and their gear is much better in my opinion than the NISMO crap that the plebs here seem to dribble over).

They, like Nismo, Impul etc, are also privvy to the designs of new Nissan cars before they are released, so they develop bodykits and aftermarket extras that can be bundled with the car or bought seperately on release.

ALTIA also have cars involved heavily in the motorsports side fo things and compete against NISMO, Calsonic, HKS etc, so occasionally they also develop electronic products to better your street car.

So yeah in summary, the kit on the silver car on that jap website I posted is the full Altia kit. I can't quite clearly make out if Chinny's got the same one (but looking at his rear bumper and front spoiler air dam I'd say it is a full kit), and I dunno if you do as well, but its definitely different to a NISMO one.

http://www.altia.co.jp/index.html

Guest Munky

Oh, I was always told it was a nismo kit. I actually like the Altia more!

The wing isn't THAT bad guys. Cmon!

i reckon wing's nuts Chinny, and the ALTIA kit looks wierd without it, just not complete if you know what I mean... its the same with the kakimoto widebody kit... awesome all around and a huge wang, but take off the wang and the kit looks wierd.

hahahha, so much wang!! ahhhh!! :D I'd be more than happy with a original GTT rear spoiler, i'm trying to find one here, but i'm sure i'll find one in Japan before she ships if i have to.

The WHOLE kit is going anyway, so the wang is gonna have to go! Nothing of that kit will be staying :) (hopefully...)

cheers.

EDIT: ooooo, my profile has been updated. I now have a Car(S) listing! yay :D

It was actually offered thru Nissan as an optional part, but it is referred to in japan as the altia option i guess.

here it is by itself the entire kit...

001.jpg

here it is as part of the nissan optional parts catalog...

002.jpg

Notice the two different rear wings on the 2 door?

AH! so confusing! But i think we agree it's a kit offered from the factory by Nissan, but is made by Altia. oooo, TV2 GT-T :D

I say keep the wwwang mate.  Don't get hung up on it when there are heaps more things worth wasting your money on like boost control, suspension, intercooler, engine management, tyres etc.

I'm actually not going to touch any engine/intake/exhaust mods to start with.

Going to deck out the suspension side of things first. Like a FULL whiteline kit, altho i think i read somewhere that they aren't that great? - My theory is make the car go faster, without increasing power :) Don't know if it will work in practise tho!

*sigh* beats the TV2 out of chinny's head...

lmao... u n ur TV2, it'll be the death of ya... keep the kit... its such a nice kit, or donate it to a loving member of SAU who realises how rare that full kit is on an import.

If you keep that kit on in compliance it'll make is SO much easier for the compliance mob, coz the kits a factory option, and theres heaps of documentation to prove it.

lol, haha, but TV2 is my friend! :D Altho black has grown on me considerably, and due to the costs of full respray, the idea is floating away. Especially when u see black cars like this one.. :D

gtr1.jpg

makes it hard to change colours :)

oh yeah, kit staying for compliance, and will have to stay till about september, but AFTER that, the new kit will be ready to go. But a standard GT-T wing isn't going to bother the compliance place either, either way it will be factory parts.

[yoda] rare the kit may be [/yoda] but whatever kit the car came with, was always going after compliancing and vehicle inspection. Someone can get it then if they wish :D