SAU Community

It's been 2 long years, but the R34 is coming...

hey everyone,

well i wasn't sure when to start this thread, when i had the car in my driveway or when i bought it, but i'm kinda excited bout the whole thing so i'd thought i start it now :). As the title says, it's been 2 long years and close call with a R33 GTS-T (nearly got one back in Nov '02) and also property investment, but i've finally purchased myself a Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T! yay! :D All i've done since joining SDU and SAU was save, save, save. Still haven't driven a Skyline yet, and i've currently got a '91 Pulsar hatch (1.6ltr) so it's going to be interesting to say the least :( - Anyways, you prob just want pics/details, so here they are!

1998 Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T

Black

5 Speed.

48,000km's

17" AVS Model 5 rims,

Advan Neova tyres (255/40) rears, not sure what up front

Carrozzeria FH-P7000MD head unit CD/MD (99% sure of this, hard to tell from the pics)

Nismo/Altia kit.

No accident history.

Here she is:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Car is currently still in Japan, should be here, towards end of the month.

I was thinking the other day how the hell i even found out about Skylines, i can't remember for the life of me. It's really only been 2 and bit years i've known about them. Either way, it's been a long wait as i'm sure it has been for many of you guys'n'gals with your pride and joys. Many things are planned, and hopefully i'll be on the road soon waving to every Skyline that goes passed!

cheers y'all!

EDIT: Whoever wants to swap the rear wing for a stock one is MOST welcome. Not the biggest fan. Even keen to swap body kits if ppl are interested.

EDIT 2: I'm getting the car through J-Spec - www.j-spec.com.au - There has been that 'which imported is the best' thread pop up again recently, and from someone who is currently in the middle of the process, J-Spec has been great. Been dealing with Gareth mostly, and has been great with everything, and my million questions. Really recommend these guys if anyone is trying to decide who to import with.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers Brendan, does the engine look normal to u? Engine pics aren't usually taken on the that angle, so not sure if it's meant to be angled like that?

Wow...great car you are gettin there! :wassup: ...But yeh, the rear wing is not that great. Apart from that, just gotta hope the delivery goes all smooth and ok!

hahah, wing is going straight away. Prob get a stock GT-T wing put in the boot before she leaves Japan. Surely someone out there would like it? Something different on an R33 maybe?

Touch wood on the delivery as well sneaky! :)

cheers everyone.

about time you found one lol... another skyline that will be at the meet point on the weekends :) to join mine, danny and a couple of others.

And yes the agent we use has a tendancy to take pics at wierd angles. photography's not his forte. He took 4 pics of my ceffy's engine bay, each one was of a different corner, and to date I still don't have a full picture of my engine.

Nice effort there, good to see another proud 34 owner!

Yep engine looks normal, stock as a rock....but vastly differnet to my bastardised effort :rant:

It's freakish with those interior shots as they are almost the same angle as some of my ones.....looks like staring into my car :)

Love the wheels...hate that spoiler!

Cheers guys,

Sorry Munky, but can't say i share the same feelings about the rear wing :rant: Do you know if the rear wing is stuck down on the sides as well?? Or is the only connecting place the pillars?? Cos i'm def taking it off, but not sure if it's gonna leave marks on the side, or even if it's stuck to the side?

cheers

damn it Nissan :rant: not happy jan!

is it hard to fix? fill the holes in, and clean it up??

gatty-> better hope it hasn't been driftin' :) It is an 1998 car, and not everyone cleans their engine bays i guess.. And my Pulsar is actually 1.6ltr, 57kw at the fly, FWD, :D - So yeah, a "slight" step up :D

nice car :)

yes the wing unfortunately is bolted to the rear 1/4 panels too :cheers: not just the boot lid. have seen a few r34's that had this wing and later removed it, but still had holes with plugs in them on the boot lid and quarter panels.