SAU Community

It's been 2 long years, but the R34 is coming...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at and tested a white 34, then I saw the black one...

Chinny: If I decide to go the stealth / drift look, maybe we can work out a deal where you get my rear wing and I will either have none or yours? hmm maybe :)

stop kiddin yourself guys, we all know yellow is where it is at.... :wassup:

aar.jpg

congrats dude, looks like you have picked yourself up a ripper. all the best with it. whiteline kit is fine btw. if you want some alignment settings let me know, i think i have it setup jusssst right ;)

nice ride dude

just wondering if u dont mind me asking..

how much did u pick up ur baby for?

like all up including complaincing?

coz im planning to get a GTt in a few yrs time....wen i get sick of my baby r33

so jus wondering!!

Cheers Franks, Guilty. You know how long it's been Franks, i remember you popping your head into a few threads of mine when i was asking about the R34 GT-T, and various other R34 things since ;)

Well officially it's $28.9K + on road costs. Bout $2k worth of those. But unofficially it's a little less :) Got compliance pretty cheap ;) But to give you a relevant figure, i think it was gonna be about high $30K's on the road. It was a good price, and i had to wait a little while for that. Locally tho, Manual turbos still don't seem to be going under $35K yet. I'm sure they will tho.

Dale, i may need that swap when it complianced or vehicle inspection. I'll let you know what's going on closer to the date. I'm considering the dorifto look as well.. see what it's like.

oh and Franks, i'm looking to get a real good suspension setup. Is a full whiteline pretty much the best you can go? There differen't packages?

Those wheels look like they could do with some camber.

i've had front camber bushes put in since (unfortunately we can't get strut tops being macpherson struts) whiteline could only get -ve 1.75 degrees...i'm unsure if there's a larger camber bush to push more....but this wasnt the most significant change in turning dynamics for me, partly because i dont think 1.75 degrees is enough for a track, the biggest bang for buck improvement was softening my front sway bar. initial turn in was still excellent but post apex understeer was significantly reduced.

oh and Franks, i'm looking to get a real good suspension setup. Is a full whiteline pretty much the best you can go? There differen't packages?

whiteline have always provided the goods for both my cars so i havent adventured much further. their kit is not comprehensive, they dont have a coil overs for the GTT (i believe they were waiting on a matching shock to be developed for them from germany or something...) that said, there is always the jap stuff available to you, i'll have to check my HyperRev magazine for bolt on coil overs for the ER34. Heasmans or East Coast suspension will be your next bet on suspension gear in Sydney...

Dale, i may need that swap when it complianced or vehicle inspection. I'll let you know what's going on closer to the date. I'm considering the dorifto look as well.. see what it's like.

Well its only 4 bolts to remove it so...let me know.

Don't stress about returning your car to complete stock though, let the compliancers worry about that!

What dale said, returning your car to stock is the compliancers job and its what you're payin em for...

Well yes and no. Technicaly you should only have a fully stock car for import. Eg. If you have a cat back like me, you pull it of and swap it and mags if you have them too.

I will be VERY intersted to see if that wing passes at Vic Roads. Compliance will be fine, it's a factory kit as mine is. The only issue as I found is some pricks at Vic Roads think it's thier job to decide if a car's wing is road worthy or not. Thier job is ONLY to inspect the vehical's engine number, chaiss number and compliance plates to make sure it's all ok but some who know a little more about cars seem to think its thier job to check compliance parts like fuel restrictor, mirrors, tyres and wings.

When I registerd my car last week the guy was trying to tell me that my wing was "A little sharp" and seem to "Stick out a long way". After much fluster it turned out to be fine much to his dissapointment. See how you go huh!

that said, there is always the jap stuff available to you, i'll have to check my HyperRev magazine for bolt on coil overs for the ER34. Heasmans or East Coast suspension will be your next bet on suspension gear in Sydney...

I just picked up a set of Nismo R-tune coilovers. I'd look into KYB AGX shocks and some nice springs as it turns out that none other than KYB make the base of the Nismo coilovers :)

R-Tune%20coils.jpg

Guest Munky
stop kiddin yourself guys, we all know yellow is where it is at....  

You know franks, your car singlehandedly started my love of skylines. I hadn't seen any R34 with Top Secret Kits by that stage (that came after some investigation), but when I saw your car, I knew I only wanted to get a Skyline!

Back on the topic of the Altia kit, I went and saw my car yesterday. It's looking soooooooo fine. I just want dials in the dash tho, and do some interior mods, then install a system, some underglow (ricey :)) and finally get some nice Gun metal P1 Buddy II's

mmmmmmmm

Anyone know what the standard sound system in the R34 is like?

Cheers!

Cheers Absud, Terreto.

I have thought about no wing, i'll see how it goes. Cos it's coming off so i can stand back and have a look, see what she looks like.

Nismo R-Tune?? Damn, stepping out aren't we! :rofl: I really have no idea about suspension, so i better read up.

And Dale, the kit could be a problem due to ADR's. As my car is a test vehicle, it needs to be relevant to the engineering evidence for the R34. It's kinda complicated, but it's being checked out at the moment. There is an engineer checking it the pics, etc, see if there are any ADR's the kit doesn't comply with. The wing may be a problem. As if it wasn't a big enough problem already! ;)

cheers guys

Anyone know what the standard sound system in the R34 is like?
Nothing wrong with mine, I have had $200 pioneers in the back and now they are OUT! Had the car over 1.5 years now and stock system sounds pretty good compared to others. I now have a small amp and small sub and I am VERY happy with the sound.

FYI, I am very fussy when it comes to sound quality, been a dj for over 10 years and also an audio technician - most people dont have an ear for sound ~ I do!

As long as you got / get a decent head unit and quality recordings you should be surprised.

End :rofl: and sorry about off-topic ;)

I took the spoiler off the back of my 34. Just about everyone i know except for some pimply tennagers agrees that it look much better.

I have a full Cwest kit though, so i guess the larger front bar and deeper skirts and rear bar give the car a much more aggressive stance.