SAU Community

Our R32

Leaning towards some SSR LM9s now, similar style to MS1s but without the staggered lip and a fair bit cheaper.

I had a sick weekend crewing for my mate James again in his RX7 in Sports GT at Symmonds Plains, few minor issues that need ironing out as you'd expect with a new car that held him back a bit but we're both learning heaps and he's gaining confidence.

Much excitement today! Got the call from the engineer to say he has been sent the mod plate. Just waiting on a few bits to arrive before I can put it back together then it's good to go!

Pity it's all happening coming up to exams, might just have to be patient and wait a bit longer.

I've decided on wheels, currently organising through Jesse Streeter, went for something completely different in the end. Might wait till they get here and let pics do the talking

just read right through awesome build so far. love all the DIY and awesome location for the FMIC.

Thanks mate! Cheers for taking the time

oh, now you have got me thinking what wheels you chose.

lol exams man im glad i dont have to see another :) but that is a shame oh well.. best of luck with them too by the way!

Haha, all I'll say is 16x9 +20

Cheers mate!

I've been working on the car the last couple of nights after study. Got it all back together and initial signs are good. I pressure tested the intake and the new fuel rail has fixed the boost leak around the injectors. Aftermarket oil warning light works well, I can see why they say most engine wear occurs at start up, took a good 5-10 seconds to get oil pressure after sitting for the last few months :/ So far no coolant leaks but time will tell. The only issue was the aftermarket water temp gauge wasn't working, I've had intermittent issues with it so the standard one will have to do for now. Only thing left to do is bleed brakes and it's ready for rego. Going to hold off till after exams though.

Cheers fellas, unfortunately it will never be finished, still got so many things I want to do haha.

It passed roadworthy today, one step closer :)

Cheers lads. Hopefully just drive it! Got a few small things I need to sort out and a few plans for down the track. Fingers crossed no more mechanical issues for a while.

Wheels update?

I think I'll just spill the beans, I think its stupid when other people try to keep secrets about car stuff haha.

So the wheels I've ordered are Watanabe F8 Magnesium 16x9 +20 in the colour "Brownish". There's only one dealer that I know of locally and Jesse Streeter has saved me about a grand including delivery! The only catch is they are made to order by Watanabe and as such lead time is 5 - 6 months ha.

In the meantime I fitted the mesh 18" wheels I've had for ages and think they look good so will do for the time being.

I paid rego. on Thursday a few hours before my last exam and drove it that night, and every day since haha, such a good feeling! No problems so far (apart from a couple of wallabies :S - smashed GTR style lip).

IMG_20140619_230225.jpg

Photo on Mount Wellington overlooking Hobart.

Also fitted the new cat back exhaust. Without baffles it is pretty loud, with baffles it is surprisingly quiet (about the same as the XForce cat back), so I fitted one baffle and it's just right.

IMG_20140621_154952.jpg