SAU Community

R33 Gtr Build

20130723_165618_zpsb7b68040.jpg

Didn't have any matte black paint left oh well, barely can be seen within the heatshield anyway, did a quick aluminium sheet metal jobbie on the factory heatshield.

May need to trim the heatshield near the flanges to get better clearance in those areas.

• Like 1

Hell yeah !!

I did a similar thing with my decat pipe, i got defected and epa went over my car stuck his head underneath and didn't pick it lol

so you didnt get defected for having a single cell cat but defected for something else :huh:

20130725_115300_zps8599e0a9.jpg

Installed my "washer bottle" today :rolleyes:

Lookin realy schmick mate. I like how you retain the stock look.

Quick note though ,if funds permit get yourself some Split fire Di ignition coils they will don wonders on your car (do it before tuning).

I was considering replacing the coil packs at some stage but just couldn't justify the price tag. Especially when i found out tonight that my friend bought 2nd hand Audi R8 coil packs for his Golf R with a certified 2,000km for $75 :rant:

I've seen genuine coil packs on eBay go for $355 for the set, but unsure as to whether or not they are really genuine.

Link for anybody that might be able to tell or have come across them?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-New-OEM-Coil-Packs-SKYLINE-R32-RB20DET-S1-R33-RB25DET-GTST-GTR-RB26DETT-60U02-/300851994154?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460c2d1e2a&vxp=mtr

It was either that or lash out some drug money for the Okada Projects, but haven't heard enough reviews to justify it yet either

Don't need okada's mate. A set of new OEM or split fires will be fine. If you still have issues, there is a mod that you can do that deleted the standard ignitor box. Misfire issues gone. PM me

For info if it comes to that.

Michael a tip for ya! Get it detailed (you do it yourself) then take pics ;)

Stuff like detailing kills me, I wish the car would just forever stay clean haha

20130725_230109_zpse54724e4.jpg

Don't need okada's mate. A set of new OEM or split fires will be fine. If you still have issues, there is a mod that you can do that deleted the standard ignitor box. Misfire issues gone. PM me

For info if it comes to that.

Yeah, pretty happy to stick with new OEM! The 16 year old coil packs seem to working fine with no missing at all, but replacing them prior to tuning would be a good idea to avoid a potential 2nd trip to the tuner!

Edited by RB2600

Close up pics of the steering wheel? :D

I'll grab some tomorrow, is there concern for it's authenticity? Because to be honest, I don't even know if it is, but I purchased it off a top rated seller on ebay and was hoping for the best. Paid genuine price for it, so hope it's genuine product.

didn't get the chance to get any pics of the steering wheel today, but what I did do and get pics of is:

20130727_180627_zps4594a8ed.jpg

Had the flange facing the wrong way in this pic....idiot...

20130727_192254_zpsc5d86aa5.jpg

20130727_192306_zpsb28ddfef.jpg