SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

So! Exciting news people!!!

Forced performance have just announced the release of their new FP 6466TZ!!! Basically it has the same/similar wheel dimensions as the uber turbo, PTE6466 by precision but uses Forced Performances new HTZ type aero design. Same design used on the Super99..

I am personally very excited about this new turbocharger. I cant help but think that FP have shot themselves in the foot AGAIN with this new turbo. No twin-scroll housing options...

I better bolt one on my car then :P

I want one of these

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTGT3794HTA&Category_Code=Turbo-FP

But it can wait till I get bored of the TD06....which might be a while because Ive been on standard turbos for 4 years lol

Nah, I'd get the FP 6466TZ over that one. Faster spooling, same power. This new turbo is a game changer and will completely nerf the HTA3794R, especially with the Super94 in that range as well.

http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=NTFP6466TZ&Category_Code=Turbo-FP

If its based on a 6466 but with an FP compressor does that not mean you can buy a TS housing from PTE? Maybe they only ordered bulk of one housing style for the purpose of getting them cheap.

Doesn't seem nearly as dire as anyone is making it out to be...

If its based on a 6466 but with an FP compressor does that not mean you can buy a TS housing from PTE? Maybe they only ordered bulk of one housing style for the purpose of getting them cheap.

Doesn't seem nearly as dire as anyone is making it out to be...

Its based off a 8mm BB Garret CHRA.. :(

Similar name, but totally different turbo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Its based off a 8mm BB Garret CHRA.. :(

Dang. Tonba your original post about it had me convinced it was a PTE with FP compressor, my bad.

Ye 8mm gt35 based worries me.

Considering the gt35s propensity to go bang with an 82mm comp wheel

Since when?

I actually believe it is the same / similar housing and turbine to the GT37 series. But could be wrong.

More exciting FP related news, the R35 GTR world drag record was just set by English Racing running an ETS twin Super 99 HTZ turbo kit - 7.81 @ 183mph, backed up with a 7.85 @ 183mph. Cool thing is they are still slowly winding up the boost throughout the run and tuning to suit, as they haven't been able to hold the power on a dyno -and now struggling to find traction to hold the power on the strip!

Definitely going to be more in this thing as weather warms up and they come to grips with it, not to mention pull some weight out - it's still not hugely far off full weight!

• Like 1

GT2554R to GT3582R from Garrett anyway are based on the GT25BB sized centre section . T4R is the larger centre section inc P/60-1 T04Z GT37Rs GT40Rs T51Rs etc .

Imagine water cooled T25 and T3/T04B centres converted to BB .

I've also heard about GT3582Rs bending turbine shafts and lunching their compressors , from memory the section of the turbine shaft that the compressor fits over is slightly larger on a GT35R possibly to make it stiffer .

I also wondered how they were getting GT37 turbines into GT25BB centre sections and making them live .

A .