SAU Community

Forced Performance Hta Turbos

Be good to have a local account of an FP bolt on , I gather it's a BB green ? From memory they have a larger turbine than a 3076R and the 73HTA compressor .

I always wondered if they'd ever do a BB White or 71HTA but the Americans like to chase numbers .

Hope it works well cheers A .

Tis the BB 73HTA Green DP, and yeah the Americans are a bit on the big power side of preference... I think a 71HTA BB setup would provide what lot of people would really like (Mick sounded like he really wanted stock response which the Green realistically won't have, fortunately it's flow should more than make up for any extra lag :-D) but no option, but he at least got the last of the 65mm. FP have revamped the Greens and they now use a 67mm turbine and may even be moving to an open housing, which imho is actually moving away from the spirit of what the Green was all about.

I can't wait to hear reports from Mick and Piggaz on what the new beast will he like, it is already a potent thing and the new package is going to make me even more jealous :-(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

The Americans could do worse than develop sub Green BB hi flows but the issue is probably chasing Rex performance with a 2L vs 2.5L . It's a big call trying to match a conventionally turbocharged 2.5 and technology is hard pushed to cover the torque hole at low revs with 2 litres . The aftermarket wants the numbers and puts up with lag in the hole because of it IMO . Probably why every second LHD Evo has a stroked motor too - 300cc lag bridge ..

I'm not sure if FP or anyone else uses a turbine smaller than FPs 65mm other than the TD06SL2 . At one stage GT Pumps did a Green HTA/SL2 but that was a locally brewed bush bearing turbo - I think they use their own billet wheel now .

I reckon concentrating on that punch is everything in an Evo because that's what they were designed to do . Maybe another way to look at it is take 4/5ths of what the RB25 did and aim for numbers like that . 80% of 330 is 265 and whilst that may not sound like a lot it could add up to more usable low to mid range punch than a 280+ WKW 4G63T .

A .

I think it's the other way around, the Subarus need that extra 500cc because EJs seem pretty weak at driving turbos and making torque - 2.3litre EVOs seem to punch harder at any given point than a EJ25, like for like... imho.

Going from the majority of results, the DBB Green is a beast of a thing - in most instances, people go bigger or stay there.... whether for road, track, drag. The gearing etc seem to make them quite usable, though again I look forward to Mick's assessment as I am familiar with his car and what he expects from it. Given he had a GTX3071R on an RB25, it'll make the 73HTA (which is arguably at least comparable flow wise) on a smaller motor an interesting comparison.

• Like 1

EJ;s suck a horse cock..lol, they need the 2.5 to spool like a conventional 2.0..horrible p.o.s

...the vibration from the exhaust is good to get your female freinds of though,they are basically a 1250kg vibrator

cheers

darren

• Like 1

Oh i asked Fp if they would do a super 94 with a T04S comp cover to match the 3794 size wise. Unfortunately they can't, they didn't tell

me why.. but i am guessing that using the larger shaft, the center section is different and they cant run that backing plate to fit that comp cover..at a guess?

sucky..

cheers

darren

^ I would guess the same, but why do you need to run the T04S housing? The Super-series housing isn't THAT much bigger afaik? And on the flipside, the GT3794R HTA doesn't flow THAT much less if you needed to run that... though the Supers are probably a bit stronger.

Was asking out of interest to do a low mount stealth Rb30 setup on stock manifold, the 3794 might not flow much less...

but i bet on a 3.0 motor it will make quite a healthy amount more backpressure on kill.. i don't have to tell you what that will do...lol

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Yep fair enough, if you are going to be pushing it hard then the Super94 definitely makes more sense. Would be awesome to see one on an RB30, would be an absolute weapon!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Oh because there hasn't been any FP pr0n posted for a while, there are about 3 R35 GTRs (that I know of) now running ETS' "Little hero" turbo kit which consists of twin Super 99HTZs, and a couple of drag EVOs both aiming for the late model EVO record are running the same turbo in single form.

One of the R35s is based in Bahrain and did an 8.2 on low boost on it's first run, then in the second run destroyed the gearbox - but set the 60ft record for R35 GTRs on it's way to destruction.... with the kind of power it's capable of making (ie, 1800-2000whp) with that 60ft time (1.26) I suspect it's capable of in the 7.5-7.8 range going.

Here's one of the R35s doing 1/4 mile roll racing from 60mph at TX2K14 in Texas last week, it started off on "low" boost (dyno couldn't hold over 30psi) and checked and adjusted tune and raised it between runs... ended up hitting 196mph!

They "only" reached 35psi, so definitely more in the bag....

From what I read at FPs site the GT3794HTA is the largest of the GT35R based units thought it's supposed to have a GT37 sized turbine with the 94HTA wheel .

The Super 94 they say is based on 10mm rather than 8mm bearings so I gather they've moved up a Garrett GT cartridge size to the one used in the "T4R" series like P/60-1 and T04Z . These cartridges use bolt on back plates like the old T3 T4 etc and they use whats known as GT40 series compressor housings . Actually the 60-1 and T04Z versions used a cast iron back plate designed to mount the familiar T04S comp housing .

GT40 comp housings don't have to be huge and you see them on bush bearing GT37 and GT40 turbos , from memory the GT4082 uses a 0.58 comp hsg . Also look at pics of GT4088Rs to see more conventionally configured GT40 comp housings . I think FP has been doing GT37 and GT40 based HTA turbos for a while now .

A .

What am I missing here - what's going on a stock manifold?

Edit: OH Crap! I didn't see JetR31 saying stock manifold, my brain fully blocked that concept even when he said low mount. WTF?? You're worried about the GT3794R's turbine causing excessive exhaust pressure and you're running the stock manifold?

Ummm...... I'm very prepared to eat my hat if I get proven wrong here, but this doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Good spotting GTScoTT (or poor spotting by me haha). What kind of power are you after man?

• Like 1

I want to see what the stock manifold can flow. :)

Why not use it? As long as it's externally gated it should work well. Perhaps restricting a little flow, but $1500 for a manifold just to gain some top end isn't always value, especially in Victoria the nanny state.

I want to see what the stock manifold can flow. :)

Why not use it? As long as it's externally gated it should work well. Perhaps restricting a little flow, but $1500 for a manifold just to gain some top end isn't always value, especially in Victoria the nanny state.

Haha yeah to be honest I'd like to know myself, but there is no way I am going to try and convince someone else that it's a good idea - it's one of the reasons I am so conservative when I try and predict an outcome.... don't want to tell someone to expect a result and have them spend weeks and thousands of dollars on that basis only to fall short.

A recurring thought that this makes me feel PARTICULARLY like dwelling on now is that it probably wouldn't be stupidly hard to design a cast manifold which doesn't look high key but provides an external wastegate port and a place to mount a large turbo without breaking away from the stock look. I am going be involved with the build of a Supra aiming at 500+rwkw using an FSR manifold and a Precision 6466.

If you've not heard of them: http://www.fsrmotorsports.com/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=129&category_id=22&Itemid=87

• Like 1