SAU Community

If You're Happy With Your Import Car, Who Brought It In?

GTR-N1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/22/2016 at 1:41 PM, Prestige Motorsport said:

Thanks for the mention, I'm sure you'll love the car when it arrives. :) If anyone is interested to see some example auction inspections undertaken in Japan to understand the efforts we go to at auction to ensure we source only the best cars, you can check them out here: http://prestigemotorsport.com.au/inspection-examples/

Prestige Motorsport (PM) has a nice web page. However, they never answer phone calls. Has anyone used PM? I am going to get an Estima hybrid in the near future. Recommendations for a good importer would be much appreciated. JACE has a range of nice import cars. However, the selection would be narrorwer than Japanese auction. 

42 minutes ago, yangys said:

Prestige Motorsport (PM) has a nice web page. However, they never answer phone calls. Has anyone used PM? I am going to get an Estima hybrid in the near future. Recommendations for a good importer would be much appreciated. JACE has a range of nice import cars. However, the selection would be narrorwer than Japanese auction. 

Thanks yangys for your feedback on our website, however "they never answer phone calls" simply is not true. Please bear in mind that I get a lot of calls every day, and I spend considerable time explaining the import process and providing price estimates in order to provide the best service - I don't believe in asking for payment unless I can definitely assist. I am also busy with auction inspections and bidding for clients throughout the day, and this year post-covid has been the busiest time for imports in 20 years. Clients must come first on busy auction days, general enquiries second. If I am on the phone or busy, I'm sorry but your call will go to message.

Being based in Perth, some early morning calls inevitably go to message with the 3 hour daylight savings time difference. Nevertheless I make sure to return all calls as soon as possible, and for clients I am available pretty much 24/7.

For impartial feedback from clients, you can check our Facebook Reviews and Google Reviews.

My number is on our website, and you are welcome to call me now if you want. You can also email me, I answer most mails within the day, if not within the hour. Just note that we will be closing up early this year on 19th Dec, it's been such a big year that we are taking a few extra days off.

So, that being said... :) Regarding the Estima hybrid, you've made a good choice. They are great cars and will be one of the most popular imports to Aust in coming years as the petrol-only Estimas will be excluded from import with the new SEVS from about 2022. The Toyota Synergy Drive system is one of the best hybrid systems available, and these get impressive fuel economy as well as being very easy to drive and reliable. Most cost effective at the moment for Aust (as of Dec 2020) would be a higher km 2010 to 2014 model. These are in the sweet buying range for price, age, condition and features. Low km hybrids are still relatively expensive.

I have lots of sales data I can send you if needed, and you're welcome to free trial our automated auction alerts system as well to receive daily updates of available Estima hybrids.

Geoff

Edited by Prestige Motorsport