SAU Community

World Time Attack Gtr32 Bc Automotive

stevena

Arrived couple days ago from brad profab for our dry sump set up. Also Bc picked up a pump elsewhere which saved us heaps of cash, Brett and dean have heaps of contacts in the Motorsport industry so we are lucky or else this new build would honestly not be possible.

post-19978-0-51503600-1370140227_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-40832000-1370140279_thumb.jpg

Also decided to take out the fire bomb, less weight and after some research i've decided not to use it. anyone interested there's heaps of parts selling cheap such as the old 2.8engine, turbos etc etc but please pm me.

post-19978-0-03969900-1370142300_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-69926400-1370142322_thumb.jpg

Now some new aero and spray job required, so off to Andrew Kinsmore, Kinzy paint and panel to attach our new side skirts, spray up the interior and engine bay. Decided to match it all in same colour. Our old n1 side skirts I thought looked awesome, always loved them but to much air was getting under the car and causing lift, so added these which dropped the 220mm front and 240mm rear gap down to 100mm, open class allows ride hight at 65mm, we can perhaps lower it a little more, there will be a full flat floor after time attack which will get the hight down.

post-19978-0-92915700-1370143100_thumb.jpg

Mate that thing is a rig 470kw is leathal on the track you aiming for more power with precision turbo?

Our weakest link will be the block I believe, 450-500 should be fine for time attack, if we run 470 plus for a lap or 2 then we will pull the engine apart for a refresh after the event. The biggest advantage over the new engine turbo set up is when the power delivery will kick in and the higher rev range, as prior we didn't exceed 8200 I believe from memory.

Fitting up the front canards. Wool tuff test to see how the air flowed around the skirts, and to position the canards correctly. If only I had another 100k to spend on aero...then we could try pro class. I really appreciate when I see teams going flat out with aero as it makes a huge difference, but running pro class these days comes down to cash.

One of many tests performed at Bc automotive.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi3Ym22ruog

post-19978-0-61161800-1370144881_thumb.jpg

Our new goal lap time for Phillip Island is 1.31, we believe this will equate to around 1.29-1.30 at Sydney Motorsport. Going by the Gt series cars and deans experience there's about 2 seconds difference in the track if set up correctly. I will post more as work progresses, if you would like to follow the build on Facebook or through Bc automotive the links are below. The build will be complete by July 7th latest to get back for more testing at the island.

Hope the links work,

https://www.facebook.com/BCAUTO

http://www.bcautomotive.com.au/

Good to see it coming along.

The touring car guys used that wool test in years gone by as well.

The interesting part when fitting up the side skirts in front of the rear tyre the air would stall(wool tuft would just fall), so we pulled the side skirts out just a little in line with the wheel and it would flow perfect without the tufts stalling. So we will fit it up like this and painted by Tuesday. Thanks heaps for your work on the oil pan, speedy return and great work.

Excited.

Any idea how many Victorian cars are competing? Congrats on club class dude, will be a fun few days. I've noticed Wtac aren't posting all competitors as most cars aren't ready yet, and they are building up the hype.

While I'm waiting for the painting, thought I'd share some other work that has been carried out by dean and Brett over the years.

Ap racing front and rear brakes, with brake bias adjustment. These were a massive step up in stopping performance from the csc brakes in the past. Also repositioned the oil cooler to the side vent which solved the engine oil temp getting hot after even 2 laps in the past.

post-19978-0-34397000-1370305681_thumb.jpg

Dean made up an aircraft aluminium stainless steel side exhaust which you can pick up with 2 fingers. Eliminating the old full length exhaust saving around 12 kg. Needs to be modified to fit through the new side skirts.

post-19978-0-01878400-1370313464_thumb.jpg

post-19978-0-23578900-1370313513_thumb.jpg

Dean made up an aircraft aluminium stainless steel side exhaust which you can pick up with 2 fingers. Eliminating the old full length exhaust saving around 12 kg. Needs to be modified to fit through the new side skirts.

Exhaust looks awesome, sorry I must be confused with the material.