SAU Community

Need Help With Turbo

Hey guys, new at all this turbo stuff, got an rb20det gtst. Bought a turbo with 45v3 on front and 21u on exhaust housing I believe from research it's an VG30 turbo (45v3).

The ceramic wheel has snapped off and I need a whole assembly for middle. Is this a waste of time chasing parts? What cost is involved in getting another assembly? Also I can't get the f**ker out cause it free spins where the ceramic has snapped clean off :( any help would be great.

Thanks

Buy another one. The one you have is only good for highflowing. See the Hypergear thread for an example of what you could do with it.

By the way, I'm not sure whether the 45v3 compressor housing means it's VG30 or not (had thought they were 45V4), but the 21U exhaust housing is RB25 (R33). The VG30s had an OP6 turbine housing. The OP6 is the desirable one, the 21U is a bit smaller - although on an RB20 it would be fine.

Thanks for your help mate, do you know the sort of costs involved in replacing the wheel assembly and also what costs are involved in high flowing? Sorry to bug you and I appreciate all the help aye!

sounds like a bargain :unsure:

It is a bargain. What are you? A moron? Less than a grand to take a (blown and therefore useless) stock turbo to a better than 250rwkW responsive bolt on turbo is good value.

I swear, you are not looking like good value yourself.

hi guys I have a rb30 series 2 motor in my vl commodore and am wanting to turbo it just wondering what advice people can give me on what to do and where to get the parts from im doing it to a budget so any help would be great thanks :no:

Edited by Trenta44

It is a bargain. What are you? A moron? Less than a grand to take a (blown and therefore useless) stock turbo to a better than 250rwkW responsive bolt on turbo is good value.

I swear, you are not looking like good value yourself.

a brand new watercooled billet ball bearing turbo will cost u not much more and have a greater power output, but the highflow option is good if on a tight budget

a brand new watercooled billet ball bearing turbo will cost u not much more and have a greater power output, but the highflow option is good if on a tight budget

This is yet another example of a time where if you knew anything (in this case about Hypergear turbos) you could have saved yourself looking like a fool by simply not posting the above tripe.

Fact: The suitable brand new reputable brand equivalent turbos cost about twice what a HG highflow costs. We're talking Garret here or possibly FP or precision, not Kando.

Fact: the HG highflow is pretty much just as good. And billet.

And yet again I have had to deliberately click to show your hidden post so I can see what sort of wrongness you are posting for the poor OP to get confused about.

he didn't say reputable brand, and if this guys budget is fixing a dead turbo why wouldn't he use a kando?

if you have no money replace it with a stocker, but seriously with turbos your better off getting a new one, or a off the shelf re-con'd HiFlow one, else you will end up shooting yourself in the foot.

• Like 1

Fact: the HG highflow is pretty much just as good. And billet.

Fact: his ceramic wheel can't be replaced, so how do u get billet from that is rather odd!

Fact: to say a vg30 highflow will be "just as good" as a GTX or or HTA is beyond me, theres no way the highflow HG will match the flow output of the GTX, it will make heaps in the top end)

As I sad b4, go the highflow if your on a tightbudget, but if you're thinking long term power, then better of holding off and putting your money into something thats gona get the job done with ease, as well as having more reliable core etc

Thanx, non night

truth is kandos turbos have questionable service

truth is you can still buys ceramic turbos http://www.nissanparts.cc/catalog/?section=1060

truth is hyperger remanufacture stock turbos with billet compressor wheels with excellent service and a low price

truth is once someone is on your ignore list never ever respond to their trolls

hi guys I have a rb30 series 2 motor in my vl commodore and am wanting to turbo it just wondering what advice people can give me on what to do and where to get the parts from im doing it to a budget so any help would be great thanks :no:

motor out, RB25DET stocker in, cheapest way to do it :)

• Like 1

Why would you want to replace the ceramic wheel? Its the weak point

HG (as far as I know) will replace the turbine wheel and shaft assembly with a steel item and bore the housing out etc. There is quite a bit he can do with the stock turbo, im just not sure the limits of the 21U and OP6 off the top of my head. Its a good option on a tighter budget. Even an all new HG turbo is just over $1000 depending on what you want. And believe me when I say this, because im coming from a much bigger brand turbo then Kando, the service that Stao (HG) provides is worth ever dollar you pay. Having local and helpful support is a great thing to have