SAU Community

What Tuner Do You Guys Use

Hi I'm thinking of using "insight" to tune my car any one who has got there car tuned by them? What you think any feedback???

Thank you

UNIGROUP.. end of story, close thread everyone go home, nothing to see here

haha

I have a mate who got his r33 tuned by them and blew his motor in 7 months lol

Without going into all the crazy variables Udi that can cause a car to detonate even before its first run...

The high reputation tuning shops around Sydney include...

* Unigroup Eng

* DVS_Tuning

* Croydon Racing Development

* Just Engine Management

* Tune House

* Powertune

* Pulse Racing

* Dart Automotive

* Rigoli Bros

Now you may wish to narrow down that list depending on what ECU you have installed, but most Members here have had good things to say about those tuners. Most will be happy to discuss

* your needs

* the state of your car

* modifications required

* progress reports

* projected limits

* computer overlays of your car's performance with another's with the same mods

Please note that I have deliberately omitted the attempt to achieve a particular power figure - because that will be sorted out in your relationship with the tuner. A tuner has every right to be suss about a demanding/dictatorial client.

DVS Tuning

Can't fault Jez's work, he is very passionate about his work, and not in it just to pump cars out and make heaps of cash.

He won't let a car leave the shop till he knows its spot on. And also won't offer ridiculous advise unless his sure.

That's the diffrence between the bigger shops and jez.

That's the experience I have to share.

mate your going to get a whole different range of answers........when I did my engine swap, turbo/ecu/injectors/clutch/rear hub swap/remove hicas upgrades I used drift garage (Louis). they were local for me and Louis knows what he's doing, didn't talk any shit, asked what I wanted from the car. He doesn't have the garage anymore but he works for powertune now, from what I hear and see they are pretty good

I have a mate who got his r33 tuned by them and blew his motor in 7 months lol

That would have had nothing to do with the tune and more how the car was treated, maintained or whether it was due to a part failure etc

All reputable tuners would not let a car leave with a bad tune (it is their bread and butter after all). Plus most tuners log every dyno run (I know mine does) so to put the blame on the tuner after 7 months is absolutely laughable.

There's a shop on that list that tuned my car 3 weeks before I picked it up from the previous owner, and the tune was so far out of whack it almost ruined my engine.

Was way lean to the point it would run really hot and after a decent hit though the hills it would get hot on the temp gauge.

And also the cam timing, was back wards, they had the timing setup so far out that it was as if it was as if it was Down on compression. 100psi type shit.

So as for reputable workshops not letting a car leave unless its perfect, it's abit hard if the workshop doesn't no how to make the car perfect in the first place. Or doesn't know there's anything wrong.

Thank you guys. I'm sorry if I offend any1 not here to make foes just trying to gain some knowledge cas I have spent a pretty penny building my 2.5. And will loose my sh#t if I blew it without having time to enjoy it. So yeah thank you all ill most def. speak to the tuners and choose one. ????

Without going into all the crazy variables Udi that can cause a car to detonate even before its first run...

The high reputation tuning shops around Sydney include...

* Unigroup Eng

* DVS_Tuning

* Croydon Racing Development

* Just Engine Management

* Tune House

* Powertune

* Pulse Racing

* Dart Automotive

* Rigoli Bros

Now you may wish to narrow down that list depending on what ECU you have installed, but most Members here have had good things to say about those tuners. Most will be happy to discuss

* your needs

* the state of your car

* modifications required

* progress reports

* projected limits

* computer overlays of your car's performance with another's with the same mods

Please note that I have deliberately omitted the attempt to achieve a particular power figure - because that will be sorted out in your relationship with the tuner. A tuner has every right to be suss about a demanding/dictatorial client.

all of this.

terry, rigoli bros, are you referring to T&E or TRP?

TRP used powertune.

not sure of T&E....

Indy at IS Motorsport, that guy really knows his shit around evo's and skylines, he practically won't touch anything else because their his true love haha lol, great bloke, alot of my mates plus I got our cars tuned there, and hes reasonably prices aswell, so its a win win situation dude.