SAU Community

What Oil Do You Use?

UKGTR

Hi,

My 09 car is due for a service soon, but wondering what oil do you guys use?

Nissan recommends mobil 1 0w-40 but what else is available in Australia that would be suitable?

I have also seen mobil 1 0w-40 for sale from the US. Is this the same as the Australian Mobil 1? Packaging is different but I would suspect its the same

Can anyone confirm.

Thanks

Even at $100 for 5lt, Oil is cheap. Don't skimp, just use what Nissan reccomend. Why take a risk with other oil?

If you look at the UK forums there's some guys using motul oil 5W-50 and non nissan OEM transmission fluids.

I have just moved back from the UK so curious what's available in Australia and if anyone is using anything else.

Mobil 1 in the UK is about AUD 48$ for 5 litres, so $100 dollars is expensive!

I guess I better get used to the prices for oil and servicing here

My car is a test bed for Penrite currently. They have provided us with oils and have been taking regular samples after each motorsport event.

So far there have been no issues with it at all.

Hey Snowy, is there a discernible difference in performance between 98 and P100?

Do you have to have a special tune for P100 if I'm already on a Willall Cobb tune for 98?

We actually tune the car on 98 and then run P100 for the extra safety margin as it's soley a race car. For a street car you would get a performance bonus if the car was tuned specifically for P100 over the 98.