SAU Community

Would A Twin Turbo Parallel Setup Work On An Rb?

Im planning on rebuilding an rb engine for my Silvia (actually, first time touching the internals of an engine) and am thinking of going twin turbo parallel. Reason I am concidering, I use to own a 300zx and I just loved how it delivered the power. It felt like driving a non turbo with heaps of power. Now, has anyone done this to an RB engine?

Can I use a Y pipe to combine both turbo's to go into a normal intercooler? or would I need a 2 in 1 out intercooler?

Edited by Gameboy

He definitely means just like a GTR.

And yes, the opinion given above is the correct one. Single is better. Much easier to fit in, much easier to pipe, and, depending on power target, with modern turbo designs, no worse lag.

Twin turbo sounds like a cool thing, but the reality is not as good as the theory.

wait, what?? doesnt the GTR use sequential?

EDIT: ok all these years I thought the GTR's were sequential...makes things easier for me then lmao

Edited by Gameboy
  • Like 1

He definitely means just like a GTR.

And yes, the opinion given above is the correct one.  Single is better.  Much easier to fit in, much easier to pipe, and, depending on power target, with modern turbo designs, no worse lag.

Twin turbo sounds like a cool thing, but the reality is not as good as the theory.

Disagree. Driven many singles and twins before I built mine. Twins up to -5s are much nicer to drive than any single setup I have driven. It sounds good in theory because it is good in practice

nah gonna do a 25/30.

if going into a silvia, and you want twins, go 26/30.

the slightly extra on the head, will more then be saved by the fab work which the 25 would need.

if you keep the 25, just get a GOOD single.

theres alot out yhere now that can make very decent power with good response.

• Like 1