SAU Community

O2 sensor

JaFF

depends how you drive it, i was geting shocking milage at first cos i kept running higher boost,

then i ran max 3psi and used stuff all fuel. if you hate paying fuel dont drive the way you do.!

depends how you drive it, i was geting shocking milage at first cos i kept running higher boost,

then i ran max 3psi and used stuff all fuel. if you hate paying fuel dont drive the way you do.!

+1

If you dont wanna use fuel get a Rio or an old golf lol.....

am pretty sure my fan clutch is "sticking" because I cant stop my fan after starting the car first thing in the morning (when it shouldn't really be on full speed as the engine is cold) and I've read elsewhere that this can screw up fuel economy too.

Hi,

What a post !

I read all the 18 pages and it took me a couple a hours but that was very interesting.

I have to replace my O2 sensors on r34 gtr. Replacing O2 sensors on R33 and R34 gtr hasn't been discussed a lot however.

My sensors are Bosch (ref starts with A24-A21 140 ...) . I spent several hours on bosch sites and I finally managed to find a matching sensor.

The ref is 0 258 005 726. It comes with a kind of universal plug as well.

This is a universal O2 sensor and is suitable to replace parts 22690-24U00, 22690-24U01, 22690-24U02, 22690-24U03 according to this document : bosch catalogue

It's clear that R32 GTR and R33/34 GTR don't have compatible O2 sensor and the universal sensor quoted above is not suitable for the R32 GTR according to Bosch catalogue.

has anyone here tried this universal sensor ?

curious

i stuck the cable in the com port of the stagea last night

unfortunately i have not been able to stick the cable in within 60 starts of the lst check engine light so i cant be too sure of the problem.

i'm thinking my o2 sensor is stuffed

the o2 sensor was reading 0.2 to 0.3 V (volts?) on a warm engine after start up

after continuous loops around 2 roundabouts boosting it hard for about 5 mins i returned home

the guage was stationalry, reading 0.02 V

is this a sign that my 02 sensor is shagged?

i'm not sure on what one should read and i dont want to go through the hard slog of country f**k wits to try and get one if its ok.

any ideas of theories?

ecutalk.jpg

the o2 sensor was reading 0.2 to 0.3 V (volts?) on a warm engine after start up

I have exactly the same problem : one of the 2 sensors read 0.2V while the other one fluctuates between 0.3 and 0.8V

The one at 0.2V is stuffed ... I will replace it in 2 weeks with a new one and I will post the results here.

hey guys

im gettin really low milage (approx 280 kms a tank)

how do i check if the o2 sensor is shit? its prob been covered but i need an asnwer pretty quickly as its costing me a fortune.

hey guys

im gettin really low milage (approx 280 kms a tank)

how do i check if the o2 sensor is shit? its prob been covered but i need an asnwer pretty quickly as its costing me a fortune.

I know there is a way to check if your O2 sensors are faulty without anything but I can't remember it.

Or you can get a cable and software from here : blazt software for Nissan

Plug in your laptop on your car with the cable and watch the O2 sensors. I will see quickly if it's stuffed or not.

That's how I discovered one of mine was dead.

I know there is a way to check if your O2 sensors are faulty without anything but I can't remember it.

Or you can get a cable and software from here : blazt software for Nissan

Plug in your laptop on your car with the cable and watch the O2 sensors. I will see quickly if it's stuffed or not.

That's how I discovered one of mine was dead.

one of them?

is there 2? where is the other located?

could i use a multimeter to check this?

one of them?

is there 2? where is the other located?

could i use a multimeter to check this?

There are 2 O2 sensors on RB26DETT engine. But I don't know is the same applies to RB25DETT engines. I wuold say no but I could be wrong.

Do a search on how to get the ECU fault codes. If that comes up clear, but you still think your O2 sensor is dead, then go for a drive and monitor the voltage of the O2 sensor(s). When CRUISING (not when boosting) you should see the voltage of the O2 sensor flick between low and high constantly. THis is how the ECU maintains ~14.7:1 when cruising. On my old GTI-R you could put the ECU into a mode where the check engine light would flash when rich (or maybe lean cant remember), so you would see the light flash constantly on/off while cruising. This shows the O2 sensor is healthy. I'm not sure if Skyline ECUs have this feature.

Guys with aftermarket standalone computers you have two choices buy new o2 sensors or

tune the car to not use the o2 sensors.

You can measure the o2 sensor to see if it fluctuates from 0.3 volts or less (rich) and 0.8 volts or higher (lean) however a o2 sensor that does this still can be faulty.

You need to know the speed it reacts one way is to test its reaction is to see how long does it take to goto lean if you squirted fuel into the intake manifold should do it within 100miliseconds. You would probably need a osciliscope to get accurate test results.

These o2 sensors over shoot the ideal 14.7 mark by a mile hence the bad fuel economy. Also there is no point in tuning your maps down low where your o2 sensors kick in big waiste of time.

I'm going to ditch them and tune the base maps on my power fc for my r32 gtr once i find someone in sydney to do it without having to charge for a full retune anyone know someone please let me know. It allows you to lean it out heaps further then the o2 sensors can and it will not overshoot the mark give yourself some room for climate change and it should be safe come very hot days. I don't see why you cant achieve over 400kms all day everyday on low loads.

well i took ot for a long drive and the O2 feedback showed a voltage < 3V at startup at cold and reduced to 0 over a 20 minuite casual drive with accel being provided by cruise controll and no stops

i think its shagged, getting a 0V reading has done it for me

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

quick report to let you know that the last week end I replaced one of the genuine o2 sensor (the dead one) with the universal bosch sensor (ref 0 258 005 726). Fitted perfectly. And it's easy to connect with the universal connector (provided with the universal sensor). I went to a mecanic to control and to check car emissions and they are perfect !!

Conclusion : o2 sensor bosch ref 0 258 005 726 can be used as a replacement part for O2 sensor for R33 GTR and R34 GTR.

Hope this help.

Hi,

What a post !

I read all the 18 pages and it took me a couple a hours but that was very interesting.

I have to replace my O2 sensors on r34 gtr. Replacing O2 sensors on R33 and R34 gtr hasn't been discussed a lot however.

My sensors are Bosch (ref starts with A24-A21 140 ...) . I spent several hours on bosch sites and I finally managed to find a matching sensor.

The ref is 0 258 005 726. It comes with a kind of universal plug as well.

This is a universal O2 sensor and is suitable to replace parts 22690-24U00, 22690-24U01, 22690-24U02, 22690-24U03 according to this document : bosch catalogue

It's clear that R32 GTR and R33/34 GTR don't have compatible O2 sensor and the universal sensor quoted above is not suitable for the R32 GTR according to Bosch catalogue.

has anyone here tried this universal sensor ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm confused... for R33 GTR there are the two O2 sensors at the dump pipe, and then there is 2 on the catalytic conveter, one being a temp sensor on top of the cat and the other is plugged into the bottom of the cat. please correct me, i see 2 ground wire connections on the service manual pic attached below