SAU Community

O2 sensor

JaFF

Just bought Bosch part number A24-621 142 6Z190 from Repco.

Hopefully now my car will get more than 250Km's to a single tank with granny driving.

img1631g.jpg

Hmmm, why's the bag have a different part number? Which one's the right one?

PFC shows it's reading correctly which is good. The old EL Falcon one that I had in there from 4 years ago wasn't.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Where is the best place (low cost) to purchase OEM R32 GTR Titania O2 sensors?

Rear PN 22690-05U21

Front PN 22690-05U22

The Rear one is not working at all.

Thanks!!!

I've been reading this thread and even though I get pretty good fuel economy (approx 10L/100 klms) on the highway I have a question for the guru's out there.

From what I beleive I have a series 2 RB25DET in my torana, but I don't have an exhaust sensor fitted to my car. The car runs pretty good, the exhaust is a nice colour, the plugs look nice too.

How important is the exhaust temp sensor? Is it purely for the dash indicator?

Sorry for the silly questions..Just need to know.

Thought I'd post this here too.

I have been getting quite crap fuel economy (15.6L/100km or around 300km per 50L tank) in my R34 GTR. I drive very conservatively.

Mods include: GT2860-5s, PWR 700cc injectors, powerFC+boost controller, pod filters, cam gears, dump/split pipe, hipower catback, etc.

The turbo and bigger injectors only went 2 months ago. The fuel economy (or lack of) existed before the bigger injectors went in though, so it's not them. I also keep the engine well lubed with 300V filled to the line. The cars only done about 55000 kms. Dunno if it's related but the boost readout on the stock MFD occasionally shows 0 boost no matter how I drive, despite no change in the boost readout on the PFC hand controller. Guess it's a boost sensor thing.

I thought it must be the O2 sensors, and turns out the O2 feedback control was set to OFF in the PFC. However, turning it ON made absolutely no difference to fuel economy.

The obvious differences that I noticed though, were

O2 sensor feedback OFF

- Smoother idle

- Both 02 sensor voltages 0.00 at idle. Both are responsive and increase similarly when throttling. On cruise, around 0.04 for both.

O2 sensor feedback ON

- Lumpier idle

- O2 sensor 1 voltage around 0.80 at idle, O2 sensor 2 voltage 0.00. When cruising, O2 sensors are around 0.80 and swap around continually

Might need your help deciphering this guys. I realise everyone is busy and people here aren't paid to give advice, but any would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

does anyone know the correct/best o2 sensor replacement for an R34 GTT? I don't want cheap substitutes from other cars but don't wanna get ripped off by Nissan OEM either..<br />

Im with you mate. Starting to suspect mine and wondering where to go for one that wont cost an arm and a leg just coz it has nissan stamped on it.

Edited by TR11KY

I did a bit of testing today, disconnected the O2 sensor and started the car. No difference from the usual smooth start. As the car was warming up i connected the plug and disconnected the plug sever times and each time i noticed a small change in the revs. The change was very slight but noticeable.

I guess this is one way of testing the sensor without a multimeter.

Can anyone tell me if there is a diagnostics test for this sensor?

Hi,

I did the manual ECU test and i got 5 long flashes and 5 short flashes on the dash which indicates that everything is normal.

Then i did the real time o2 test and the engine light stayed on, which means its running lean. Is that correct ? does it mean the o2 sensor is faulty?

The exhaust smells like petrol and it makes a popping sound when i change gears,

Does **** know whats wrong ?

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i got a r33 gives me about 250ks a tank

so im gonna go get a o2 sensor this week, at Repco.

should i get someone install it or im able to do it

Edited by JDM-derek

just got O2 sensor installed. Got it from Kudos Motorsports ($77). Direct plugin. Dont waste your money buying it from repco.(they can get it for $154 plus shipping).

will update on economy :)

Edited by zerotohundred

Im with you mate. Starting to suspect mine and wondering where to go for one that wont cost an arm and a leg just coz it has nissan stamped on it.

x2 If someone could also point me in the direction of a good 02 censor to use in my R34 it would be greatly appreciated. Next time NA_Goodness wants to play with my car he can chuck that and my pod filter in for me! :P

there u go :

http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/pr...products_id=187

x2 If someone could also point me in the direction of a good 02 censor to use in my R34 it would be greatly appreciated. Next time NA_Goodness wants to play with my car he can chuck that and my pod filter in for me! :P

just changed my o2 sensor the other week.. fuel economy went from ~18L/100km to ~12L/100km (old one was COMPLETELY dead)

cannot recommend it enough!

Spent a few hours changing mine today (R34 GTT). Used a sensor to suit an EL falcon. Hardest part was getting the thing out.

I uses a tube spanner used for removing spark plugs in an ancient lawn mower, had to file it down and cut i in half in order to fit over the sensor nicely.

From my experience, i recommend that the car is warm before attempting removal. You need to use a lot of WD40 to loosen the sensor. Spray it on, leave it for a few minutes then apply a little more. You also need to remove the metal bracket which the O2 sensor connector clips on to in order to have enough room to get to the sensor.

Eventually i was able to use a ratchet in conjunction with the tool i describe above to wrench it free.

Crimped the old nissan connector to the new sensor and put it back together. Not terribly difficult. Looking forward to see any differences in economy :-)

o2 sensor results for my R33 GTR (not sure if its correct or not, just posting it), stock turbo's, tuned power FC.

EDIT: posted *after* someone PM'ed me for information on this...

Before starting the car:

O2 1 = 0.02

O2 2 = 0.02

After starting, car begins to idle ~1600RPM while warming up (air temp was about 6 degrees in the car before I started):

O2 2 = 0.04, the other one is the same.

At 2K RPM with the oil / water around 70 degrees, it was still a little cold:

On the way home,after it was more likely to be fully warmed up, got it at 2000RPM at:

As soon as I dropped the revs back to idle one of the sensors would jump to 0.96 or similar temporarily and as soon as I went back to 2K RPM back to 0.02/0.04.

Not sure if its good/bad, but I got ~44L for 420km or similar on the way back from NSW, mostly Hume Hwy ~110km/h and 5th gear, around 3K RPM, taking it very easy...

I did a round trip to albany recently (~1300km's all up) in the r33... sitting on 115km/h with the odd squirt... and the first two tanks I got exactly 10.5L/100km's, then on the third tank on the way back with plenty of overtaking I got 520km's on 50.8litres which equals 9.77L/100km's ... ~!!! i was stoked.

otherwise my average around town with normal driving is just under 13L/ 100km's

Edited by dnbosiris

• 2 weeks later...

changed o2 sensor ...AFM .. still getting 18-20l/100Kms .. It's not the cost of fuel that shits me as I drive 6-8,000Kms a year but the fact it drinks as much as an old pos v8, it's emberassing when someone asks and I tell em 20l and its not even heavily modified (stock turbo ..only about 190rwkw)