SAU Community

O2 sensor

JaFF

Well BOLLOCKS.

Went out and got the NGK/NTK OZA395-E2 part and i can 100% say the plugs DO NOT FIT. Now I have to go return it and I'm back to square one re: the right sensor for the S2 Stagea. :D

If the sensor is the same (anyone?) I might just have to crimp the wires with the exisiting plug. Both have 2 black and 1 white wire so looks easy enough. Apart from plug, can anyone tell me if OZA395-E2 is alright for RB25DET NEO engines?

EDIT: Well, swapped the plugs and replaced with said part, it fits. Crimping wasn't too bad, but I hope it doesn't matter which white wire was connected back!

Edited by webng

• 1 month later...
cant be bothered reading all of the pages...changed o2 plug by NTK for R32 GTR, front pipe one is a straight fit, the rears have to be cut as plugs are different.

Will post up part numbers got mine for $75 each

Global Auto Spares Part # 351-0019

NTK Part# KBA 16693

Sensor Type 0TD2F-2B

Needs a 17mm Spanner

But f**k me can someone help me with the R33 GTR part number?

I assume I have R33 ones in my bitch because it needs a 19mm

R33 GTR sensor (front at least) is a Bosch A24-621 115 68290

Global Auto Spares Part Number 351-0187

Same sensor for the rear, only lead length and plug differs.

Needs a 22mm spanner

18mm Thread - 3 wire Oval plug on a short lead - Titania

http://members.pcug.org.au/~jdeakins/facts.html helped me find what I needed

Global Auto Spares on the coast imports them

Chris Jeffis

[email protected]

Hope this helps some people

moe helpful crap.

R32 Sensor diagram

post-20826-1189162298_thumb.jpg

Please note the pin numbers do not line up if you have to cross-wires, instead

R33 Sensor diagram

post-20826-1189162603_thumb.jpg

Keep an eye on what wires go where if using R33 GTR O2 Sensors in a R32 GTR

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

We are currently offer the NTK oxygen sensors for the R32 GTS-t/GTS-4 & R33 GTS25-t for $77 + delivery. If anyone is interested simply click the link below for transaction instructions:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t135194.html

Regards,

Andrew Sullivan

Kudos Motorsports

• 2 weeks later...

its dead if voltage isnt moving after warming up car (normally it starts 0.3v, then after about a minute will start climbing upwards, then by around 0.9v and 5 minutes later car should be at operating temp so it will start swinging back/forth between 0.1/0.9v when car under light load/cruising).

normally when they are dead they sit either 0v or around 0.3v and dont move.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't mean to be a slacker, but I cbf reading through 26 pages to see if anyone has done this on their GTR.

What are the part number(s) for GTR's and regarding the extremely tight space, what's the best way to do it? (ie: tools, do it yourself?)

Thanks in advance.

FVO is right. 26 pages is not going to help anyone.

I've chopped 140 posts out tonight. I'll try and knock a few more later this week. Once we've whittled it down to something manageable, I'd really love a keen SAUer to cut and shut the remaining info into something useable we can put into a new thread.

Full credit will go to the guy or girl that does the editing. We'll need something with headings, either by car or by something like "Part Number, Fitting, Sellers" or something like that. I'll leave it with you.

But yes, FVO is right.

Thanks Cowie165, I thought I was gonna get hammered for not reading the thread. If it hasn't yet been done on a GTR I am more than happy to be the first to write up a GTR tutorial considering how bad my fuel consumption is.

What I need at the moment (if anyone knows) are the part numbers for the GTR. They may be the same as the GTS-T, but I wanna be sure. Other than that, I wanna make sure that if I volunteer to do a tutorial on my car for the GTR that someone else won't get in before me after I took the time to take pics and so forth.

Hey no problem. I've gone through the first couple of pages tonight: R32 GTR has two different sensors. They aren't compatible with the EL Falcon and are different to RB26 sensors in the R33 and R34. There might have been some part numbers but it was bit of a blur. I was pretty much deleting any post that didn't offer some meaningful info, and saw LOTS of part numbers thrown around. Perhaps check out the first few pages and see how you go.

btw, if you aren't sure about your O2 sensor, I highly recommend borrowing a consult cable from a mate or even going down to Mr Nissan. It is VERY easy to diagnose the fault with OBD.

Alternatively, there was a link on page 2 or 3 (?) that apparently shows you how to check it with a multimeter. I think you just need to connect to the signal wire, and on a hot sensor you should see voltage steadily bounce between 0.4 and 0.8V. Don't quote me on the voltages though as I haven't checked in a while. The info is in the RB20/25/26 engine workshop manual supplement.

Thanks for all the info.

I'll first try to check if the 02's are in fact faulty and do a little write-up on how to check them with a multimeter and what should be expected voltage wise. Then I'm gonna find out what part number they are and if they are compatible with any other vehicle.

Thanks again for the heads up, much appreciated.

I tried to get the info together a while back. I put it in http://members.pcug.org.au/~jdeakins/facts.html

It's obviously incomplete. Most of it came from an old copy of the FAST database someone had. I updated one or two entries after asking the local Nissan dealer for info from his up-to-date FAST database, but that's all the time he could spare. I talked to NTK in Melbourne and found them to be very helpful. Only thing is, I suspect they have the part numbers for the front and back sensors R32 GTR swapped. Either that, or someone in Japan swapped mine. From memory, NTK only have one of the two R32 GTR sensors available - but that was a year or so ago, the last time I checked.

Far out James, looks like we just found our O2 sensor reference page! Nice work there. Would you mind if we reproduced the info here as a sticky? To make sure your efforts are recognised, you could create the thread and I'll go sticky it?

Funnily enough, I don't remember deleting any of your posts last night because they all had good stuff in them! :D

I got $7.5ks worth of Diagnostic tool that will diagnose it for ya without a doubt. I am in Sydney tho, but will chack it for free for ya all the same if you are near-by.

I'm very happy to move the table to Skylines Australia. It could be good for forum membership too - if I leave the table as it is on my site I can advise those who find it using Google etc to join SAU for an updated table.

Before I went back to study I thought this site was looking at hosting some pages, and starting a wiki. I can't see any reference to them on the front page, so I guess they both fell through. Do you have any suggestions on the best way to pass the table over to SAU so that members can add to the table when they find information? If it's a stickied posting we could end up with 26 pages of comments to it because no-one can edit the table in the lead posting. Or am I misunderstanding sticky postings?

Ok we're now another 60 posts lighter.

For the final sticky, it looks like we'll need:

Part Numbers (James has pretty much covered this)

How to test your O2 sensor (with Consult or PFC)

How to change your O2 sensor

How to reset your ECU

Any other headings? We can prob leave crimping and wiring for howstuffworks.com

• 2 weeks later...