SAU Community

O2 sensor

JaFF

I replaced my o2 sensor with a genuine item.

Around the same time fuel economy went really bad ~350-380km's to a tank, at times I felt what felt like 1/4 throttle travel flat spots not to mention the really hard cold starts. :S

However, I had been having cold stumbling starts for a while prior.

I ripped the injectors out and noticed a couple of the pintles were seated at different heights.

Dropped GTR injectors in, trimmed the injectors by 58.5% in order to get them to drop in to closed loop mode.

Initial drive... 130km's to a tank, 250km's by half... :P

Looks like economy is back, rb30det. ;)

Does the EL sensor work or not? Who has actually installed the sensor and it is working? I need an O2 sensor :D

I have a RB20DET, and in desperate need of a sensor. The direct fit EL OX-207 is the go?

Edited by GTAHH

Nick, don't forget that the bottom of the tank is a bit smaller, so you'll go through the bottom half quicker than the top. I made the mistake of thinking "wow! I've fixed it!" when I got 100 in the first quarter of a tank. I filled on 350km exactly last night.

Putting the stock BOV back on doesn't seem to have fixed anything other than getting rid of that noisy "woosh" noise that makes police and old people look at me funny.

I have read through most of this tread, there seems to be hardly any info on the R33 GTR.

How hard are they to get to? Is it any easy DIY job or should i get a mechanic etc to do it? Does it entail taking the exhaust out or turbos in a GTR since there i limited room around and behind the turbos?

Any help will be appreciated

Actually it has been a PITA finding ones for the 33 GTR. They are 3 wire, 18mm thread titania ones.

ACA don't have a part that will fit (ie ROX203 nor ROX207 are right). Let me know if you have any luck finding another alternative.

And, the rear one is a real pain to remove while the motor is in the car....not impossible but you will need a very short flare style spanner

No duncan and Nissan are rip off merchants about $150 each i think .

Copper you should be able to get them off with a spanner, anyway its cheaper to buy the tube socket and then you have it for next time .

Its similar to a spark plug socket with a slot on one side going almost all the way down so the cable fits in there, 22 mm . Go to any place where they sell tools even normal auto shops would probably have it and you should be able to get a cheap Chinese one. The rear one is very easy on the gtr ( when you have the tool ), you dont have to remove anything to get to it. The front i think you will have to remove some ducting to get to it .

I had a look where the o2 sensors are located and they dont seem to be in a very difficult place i dont think it would be too hard with the tool mentioned above and some WD40. I just dont know whether to get aftermarket sensor or OEM ones.

Had a read but couldnt find anyone else experiencing the same problem....

My 02 sensor when starting my car basically just sits at 0.3 volts. doesnt cycle like u guys mentioned.

After driving around and wen the car heats up the voltage slowly drops down to 0.00 volts! It occasionly slowly comes back up for whatever reason, but definately isnt cycling, pretty much constant reading.

Fuel economy isnt the best either 300kms if im lucky. any ideas? obviously not normal.

ok, have replaced my o2 sensor with the ngk one for an r33 gts-t

part number 0ZA395E2AB

no difference to economy so far :mellow:

what else can cause poor fuel economy

i dont get more than 300ks a tank from a 200rwkw gts-t (via usual mods, powerfc etc)

Edited by Spook's_Skyline