SAU Community

O2 sensor

JaFF

Alternately, does anyone know if I can post up the table somewhere on the forum and people can add to it as they find the information?

The best way to do that is post up a new thread in the FAQ section, once I or another mod approve it everyone can post new infor as it comes up

GTAAARRH,

an easy way to test if you have a dud O2 sensor it to plug in a Power FC and HC and look at the sensor check function. if you are up in sydney you can borrow mine for the 10 mins it takes.

The best way to do that is post up a new thread in the FAQ section, once I or another mod approve it everyone can post new infor as it comes up

sounds like a great idea

Edited by Rolls

How does this sound?

An FAQ entry called "Oxygen (O2) Sensors"

My guess is that people are mainly interested in looking up an O2 Sensor FAQ to see which sensor fits their vehicle, so they will need quick access by model, motor etc.

The FAQ could have a table (or point to a web page with a table) that showed the series, model, motor and the official Nissan part number/s, known alternative part numbers (ie, ACA, NTK, Bosch etc), type (Zirconia or Titania), plug type (ie 3 or 4 pin or bare wires), sensor size, cable length and comments.

Why all the technical details? Because manufacturers can supply alternatives based on the sensor and plug type, cable length etc.

People could post new information, but only about which sensors fit what. It can then be moved up into the main table. The general discussion about fuel economy etc should stay in the General Maintenance forum.

I can't guarantee to update the FAQ every time there is a new posting because I have exams and assignments that have to take priority.

randy i think you may have a throtle sensor problem or may need repositioning but i would give the O2 sensor a go first make sure to reset your ECU after the change. dont worry the brains trust on here should be able to nut it out and stop your beast from guzzling

Give the other one a go, you mean? The Ford EL one is in there now. Thanks man =-]

Skylinecouple: Cheers, might have to try the different one.

I'm building a consult cable, so hopefully i'll be able to see the TPS and O2 readings =-]

I bought one today, designed for the Ford EL harness - ACA brand Part number ROX207 at Bankstown Repco for $65. It actually has Denso Japan stamped on the actual sensor and looks alot like an oversized spark plug.

It has two black and one Blue wire.

I took it to my mechanic and he didnt want to install it saying 1 -its not a nissan part and 2 - harness is wrong so looks like I'm doing this myself tomorrow.

He also insists that the original o2 sensor is fine and if its broken the check engine light would turn on.

But I want better fuel economy than the 350k's I'm getting. I'm going to solder the wires myself as I do some electrical work.

I'll take SkylineCouple's advice - Blue goes to Brown and the two Blacks goes to the two whites. I'll post back my results next week after driving it for a bit.

FYI my car is very lightly modded only so far, engine wise its just exhaust, filter and boost

BTW: I used this part, and it made no difference for me, but whether or not the check engine light will come on is a different question. There is a light for the heat sensor in the cat, so i'd guess that the engine light won't come on for the 02 sensor. The consult software should tell me what the reading is on it.

Also, as mentioned a few times in this thread, the wire on the ROX207 cannot be soldered, you have to crimp.

Doesn't appear to have made any at all.. I have just ordered the NGK part from AutoOne at $150. Steep, but I don't want to stuff around anymore... and it's still cheaper than the Nissan price. =-]

I queried earlier in this thread whether;

if the existing sensor is dead, and the ROX207 isn't compatible with some R33's, whether there would be no change at all? I would think so, looking at it logically.

Considering I have pretty much no mods, i'd expect better economy than what I have now. 350km out of 50L fill = 7km per litre. Terrible!

=-o

I don't see why the ROX207 would be fine for some R33 RB25DETs, and not for others. That doesn't make sense. If someone with access to FAST could confirm that the part number for the OEM O2 sensor is the same across all R33 RB25DETs then the ROX207 would either be suitable or not.

Considering I have pretty much no mods, i'd expect better economy than what I have now. 350km out of 50L fill = 7km per litre. Terrible!

=-o

No mods doesn't mean anything though. You could be loosing economy because of a poorly performing fuel system, for instance. Besides, we all know these cars run very rich on local fuel without re-tuning so that should be your first stop for decent fuel economy.