SAU Community

How Far With Nistune ?

Stealth400

I am making 312 awkw with my Deatschwerks 550 injectors on 98 petrol - I would say the limit on petrol is about 400kw.

Will a 455lp do the trick ?
What's the limit of the 550cc ?

I will stick up some pictures ASAP

so they will really take 300-350..lol, he overates his stuff, big time, and then theres the stagea weight...

cheers

darren

You must know different ?

It's got the option to work, if not I'll be fitting the getrag box sooner than I thought maybe.

I had a built r33 auto in my last car, cost for a 700hp rated auto, for rwd only, in a lighter car was $3500, all KEAS internals, ported oil galleries, etc etc, then another $1500 for an 8" custom TCE 3000rpm pro street stall converter with transbrake setup. if your in vic , go and talk to Bayswater automatics, well priced and supply/fit and build with quality KEAS parts.

As for a rebuilt auto to handle 4wd.... that's a whole new ball game. if it were me aiming for those power figures, id convert to RWD and put in a transbraked C4 auto, with minimum 1500 stall converter.

To keep it auto you would be mad not to stuff an RE4ro3a in there as they can be built to handle 1200hp.

My box is an RE5ro5a and is just taking the 350awkw I am pushing through it (after many dollars have been thrown at it), although it would be putting out 400rwkw in manual rwd form.

You must know different ?

It's got the option to work, if not I'll be fitting the getrag box sooner than I thought maybe.

well i can think of 4-5 ive had or got for mates and they've all blown, and then theres all the other people i know that

have blown, mike woudn't get any feedback...as they all convert to manual after that.....

they didn't last long..i got 2 days out of one...

the trans he rates at 300ish rwkw are just valve bodys..they generally blow at 240-250rwkw

(and thats in a skyline..not a heavy stagea, the only saving grace in a stagea is it doesn't wheelspin so your not on or off the throttle wheelspinning ... which electronic based boxes really don't like....)

or thats about there limit ..you can't expect them to hold 300...

his boxes are fine, his power ratings are up shit creek

2 options: sane street car Re4Ro3A built by kEAS with adapter(pretty sure pauls back in business now. and he quoted the

cheapest price for them ..)

or insane ...powerglide or turbo 400

thats your options...no B or 1A trans will hold...it will just be a complete waste of time/money and end in tears

pretty damn quick...

if my stagea was a project car, not a family car..id go 3.0 bottom end /neo head/10.1 comp ,E85..Pt6466 and a Re4Ro3A...lol

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

2 options: sane street car Re4Ro3A built by kEAS with adapter(pretty sure pauls back in business now. and he quoted the

cheapest price for them ..)

or insane ...powerglide or turbo 400

thats your options...no B or 1A trans will hold...it will just be a complete waste of time/money and end in tears

Interesting ... I've got the RE4R01B Tiptronic box in the GTT, still stock but trying to work out what to do with it.

You reckon it's no good to handle ~300ish rwkw even with a rebuild and a KEAS kit? Also, is Paul in Melb by any chance? Interested in having a chat.

Cheers, and sorry for the hijack..

around 300 you will probally get away with a big trans cooler, MV valve body and billet servo..thats what i have and its

held 290ish rwkw atm. i am not saying they are crap..just overated

But i woudn't try it with a GTX3540 on E85 on kill, lol , that would end in tears..

cheers

darren

• Like 1

The GTX35 twin scroll is going to get its fully chance to produce its self, with the manual get-rag once it's fitted. Nistune I'm happy with the replys from all on the limits.

The triptronic valve body ect I just wanted to see the limits. And I will find the limits before the conversion to manual.

1st start today with the new forged engine and box. Running in is not much fun with no boost.

Pictures to follow soon as poss.

Thinking of fitting R34GTR rear lights, just going to have to have a play and see if I can work them in to look right.

Running in should be completed on the dyno with the initial tune and after an oil change you should be good to boost and drive normally (just watching for leaks and monitoring temps and oil pressure). Then another tune when you have about 10K on it.

The GTX35 twin scroll is going to get its fully chance to produce its self, with the manual get-rag once it's fitted. Nistune I'm happy with the replys from all on the limits.

The triptronic valve body ect I just wanted to see the limits. And I will find the limits before the conversion to manual.
1st start today with the new forged engine and box. Running in is not much fun with no boost.
Pictures to follow soon as poss.

Thinking of fitting R34GTR rear lights, just going to have to have a play and see if I can work them in to look right.

Annually or 20,000+ km should be fine but I end up changing it abut every 6 months (10 - 15,000km). I get Nismo filters for $30.

Good oil, what is the turn around before you change the oil and filter ?