SAU Community

Tdo6 Or T67 On Built 30Det?

kev_31t

its time to choose a turbo for my built 30DET, it used to have a 3582 r china turbo and previously made an easy 330rwkw, im looking for a similar power level, id like a decent responsive set up as the car mainly sees street use, its going to be on e85 so bare that in mind, ive seen lots about the kando turbos so im looking into that, any opinions would be appreciated cheers guys

If it's for predominantly road use I'd consider the GT30 0.82 or T67 10cm would give a decidedly stronger bottom end response.

If it's for predominantly race use I'd go straight to a GT35 0.82 or TD06H-25G 12cm with a good manifold and gate.

None of them are top of the tree but offer good results for modest-moderate $$ outlay.

I take it that the china GT35 didn't perform to your satisfaction?

If it's for predominantly road use I'd consider the GT30 0.82 or T67 10cm would give a decidedly stronger bottom end response.

If it's for predominantly race use I'd go straight to a GT35 0.82 or TD06H-25G 12cm with a good manifold and gate.

None of them are top of the tree but offer good results for modest-moderate $$ outlay.

I take it that the china GT35 didn't perform to your satisfaction?

it will definatly see more street than track as i use the car daily, it sees alway highway use anyway so it will just be cruising more often than not, im not after a huge outlay incase i do want to change to a larger one, i havent used this engine yet i brought it off a guy who had it but it blew the seals in the turbo, im definately feeling the t67 as there is 8 cm 10cm and 12cm rear housing for it

The 10cm should work really well between 2500-5500rpm. A 12cm would push things about 500rpm upwards. Unfortunately they have different outlet flanges so it would take a bit of fabrication work (not much though) to make a change.

A decent manifold + gate setup is highly recommended so you can control boost properly. A scan around various threads will show boost creep to be a common problem.

The 10cm should work really well between 2500-5500rpm. A 12cm would push things about 500rpm upwards. Unfortunately they have different outlet flanges so it would take a bit of fabrication work (not much though) to make a change.

A decent manifold + gate setup is highly recommended so you can control boost properly. A scan around various threads will show boost creep to be a common problem.

oh ok the ones i found were all v band flanges though, its got a half decent stainless manifold now, and im looking at getting a turbosmart gate

I got a TD06h-25g 12cm making 460rwhp and its not even pushed hard. it's absolute dream to drive. soo much torque every where. I think anything smaller would just come on way too hard and run out of legs too early.

so its not bad on the street?? thats probably a good thing i wouldnt want it coming on too hard, so which turbo is bigger? td06h 25 or a t67?? cheers mate