SAU Community

Nsw Rms Light Vehicles Modification Guide Updated 8/11/2013

Tats

Can someone delete the spam post and sticky this thread? Is a great resource

I deleted the posts, hopefully the IPs get blocked soon too. It's not just the NSW section, either.

Also, topic "stickied" for easier reference.

What is this spam shit that is getting through the forums lately? Why SAU!! It is grinding my gears. Mods need to do something about the signing up / privledges to post.

Yeah, as above, I've deleted it. I'm only a Moderator, so that's as much as I can do. I have let the Admins know that the users and/or IP addresses need to be blocked.

In the mean time, I need to get me some Ugg boots! :P

• Like 1

Theres some interesting 'very grey' areas there. I'd suggest to anyone with a vehicle modified within the criteria to keep a copy in their car, to show anyone inspecting the car on the roadside that certain items they think are defective are not (you probably won't win, it'll just make them more angry - especially if you have a rego inspectors ticket & they only have a badge).

Theres some interesting 'very grey' areas there. I'd suggest to anyone with a vehicle modified within the criteria to keep a copy in their car, to show anyone inspecting the car on the roadside that certain items they think are defective are not (you probably won't win, it'll just make them more angry - especially if you have a rego inspectors ticket & they only have a badge).

I think they've tried so hard to make it easy to read/understand that they've missed some critical detail.

eg; An engine that is not of an original family of engine for the series of models, or any engine more than 20% larger than the largest original optional engine for that series.

Does that mean I can replace my 1JZ with a 2JZ? (20% increase in capacity)
I'm pretty sure it doesn't but it kind of sounds like I can??
Example not requiring certification:
• Replacement of a 2.0 litre engine with an engine of 2.4 litres capacity or less and from the same vehicle series.

Interesting - that'd preclude swapping my 4G94 with a 4G69 then - two Lancer VRX from 2004, but one's a CH and the other CG, so no swapping I guess.

...Not that I'd spend money on doing that, though.

edit:: but it sounds like swapping it for a 2.0 4g93 is a-okay with certification? helloooooooo evo engine

I think they've tried so hard to make it easy to read/understand that they've missed some critical detail.

eg; An engine that is not of an original family of engine for the series of models, or any engine more than 20% larger than the largest original optional engine for that series.

Does that mean I can replace my 1JZ with a 2JZ? (20% increase in capacity)

I'm pretty sure it doesn't but it kind of sounds like I can??

Example not requiring certification:

• Replacement of a 2.0 litre engine with an engine of 2.4 litres capacity or less and from the same vehicle series.

So swapping and rb25det with an rb26det still requires a certificate?

The only one I'm going to have a problem with (since I got defected the other week for it) are aftermarket seats

I've got bride seats + rails in my 34

Would I have any problems getting them engineered?

Fitting of seats to non-original seat anchorages.
Example requiring certification:
Fitting seats using anchorages not originally supplied by the manufacturer.

The only one I'm going to have a problem with (since I got defected the other week for it) are aftermarket seats

I've got bride seats + rails in my 34

Would I have any problems getting them engineered?

Fitting of seats to non-original seat anchorages.
Example requiring certification:
Fitting seats using anchorages not originally supplied by the manufacturer.

seats dont meet ADR however no modifications to anchorages have been made so engineering will be a breeze! i had mind noted on my report aswell

Even though the rails are brides?

Who did you go through for the engineering cert?

ill have to check my cert when i get home. Arsed if i remember

yeah rails will be fine given they bolt all to the factory location using factory mounts etc

• 2 years later...