SAU Community

EOI - Short Cruise and Social Night.

Snowman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah yeah yeah.

I will do the scouting either tonight or tomorrow night and find the best meet-up point and post all the details up. But it will go ahead with a meet-up time of 4pm on Saturday.

Alright - did a quick run last night with Adzmax and everything was ok other than the roads being covered in crap in some places. So details are:

Meet Point and Time

Sat June 26 - 4:00pm

Upper Ferntree Gully Train Station Carpark

West End of Carpark

From there we'll go up to the top and try and get a few good pics as the sun sets, then a a short casual cruise down through Monbulk and Emerald and back to FG. Nice simple cruise in what is currently forcast to be crap conditions!

Social Meet-up.

Ok - so far I've had suggestions on:

1. The Pub @ Crown

2. Bridies on Chapel

3. Elephant and Wheelbarrow in StKilda (as starting points).

I know Matt's opinion but what do others think? I was planning on eating before I went out. It was really just meant to be a drinking thing.

:D

pub @ crown

bridies could be a bit of bitch to get to and if you wanna sit outside it will be freezing and the bands there are really crappy. the pub should be good just for sit down and drinks basically

Hi guys,

I probably cant make it on that date. I think i have something else planned, just need to double check the date.

I was considering going for a drive up mount dandenong soon however, just to get out of the house.

Im just wondering what the conditions are like in that area. I have driven in the area before, and been terrified out of my witts in some stretches, where the speed limit is ridiculous and lots of blind corners.

Are the roads going to be slippery, and dodgey shoulders, corners etc. Im just looking to take a nice pace, dont want to wreck my car or meself.

Also, has anyone taken a dawn run in that area. Im just wondering if rising sun would affect vision too bad. I find myself up real late at the moment. Working nights part time, and tend to stay up til dawn.

Also any other suggestions on nice places to drive. I notice that gas is getting cheaper finally. Just a bit concerned about driving in the wet.

hb

also Bridies on Chapel is expensive on spirits - which i know at least 2 of us will be drinking :D

im not 100% on the Pub prices but going by Crown other bars etc they are about $5.50ish, Bridies is at least $6 if not more, i know theres not a big difference but it all adds up and every little bit helps to get that one last drink!

Ok - cool. The Pub at Crown @ say 9:00pm for anyone that wants a social drink (or 2).

hb - me and Adz did the run Tuesday night and the roads were pretty good on the main tourist road but were a little cruddy on the run between Munbulk and Emerald. However, for your peace of mind the speed limits have all been reduced in this area. Basically now the whole area is either 60 or 70km/hr - and there were a number of police out checking the speeds Tues night. I'm definitely going to be cruising as I have less than one week to go on my 0 points left situation after 8 months (I get 3 points back on July 1st! :D )

As for what it would be like as a dawn run - well I've never done it but Im quite sure most of the roads are on the western side of Mt Dandy so there should be very little sun glare. But I'm guessing things could be a little frosty this time of the year.

Yeah me and my car practicaly live in those hills as I live at the base. For the first time ever I saw a cop on Tuesday night which I must say was interesting :P

Anyway, thoses roads a fine. Remember is a cruise not a sprint and snowy and I took our cars up there at night and you can belive me when I say there is no way I'd risk my car so it's all good. There is a little bit of moisture on a few of the roads from seapage but nothing too bad. Just take it easy and enjoy the ride.

Wouldnt mind comin along, just to see a line of line's snakeing thier way up the mountain would be a sight to see :cheers: Just dont know if my stock car is anywhere up to the standard of some of yall rides :Oops:

Wouldnt mind comin along, just to see a line of line's snakeing thier way up the mountain would be a sight to see :)  Just dont know if my stock car is anywhere up to the standard of some of yall rides :Oops:

you can hang at the back with me and the other slow-ass drivers... :(