SAU Community

Tim's Rb26 S14 Project, Road To 600Hp.

on your build thread, do you go in debts on your fuel system setup?

Not really as 100% of my mechanical work is done by my builder as i dont have the time to do it myself. Basically Its an external fuel pump with a surge tank. Your typical setup. My car is 100% built to move to E85. All i need to do is swap the ECU over and its good to go.

Im not 100% with RB26 but usually its just better for more oil flow (decrease chance of blockages, better heat dissipation etc)

gotcha, I will have to look into it and see who has done and results etc, pros cons risks benefits

Not really as 100% of my mechanical work is done by my builder as i dont have the time to do it myself. Basically Its an external fuel pump with a surge tank. Your typical setup. My car is 100% built to move to E85. All i need to do is swap the ECU over and its good to go.

from what ive read, e85 eats at your cyl walls as well as lines ..and everything else i havent found out about it. lol. what makes you so keen to going to e85. Ive debated going to e85..

Fuel cost is less, Safer on the engine, and you gain power. It is a fantastic upgrade. It only eats your lines if you don't have rated lines. Hence i re did my entire fuel system to be E85 ready. my only issue with it at the moment is where i live (Canberra) there is only two places that sell it at the moment. But by the end of the year there will be a quite a few more. So im waiting for that rollout to finish.

Fuel cost is less, Safer on the engine, and you gain power. It is a fantastic upgrade. It only eats your lines if you don't have rated lines. Hence i re did my entire fuel system to be E85 ready. my only issue with it at the moment is where i live (Canberra) there is only two places that sell it at the moment. But by the end of the year there will be a quite a few more. So im waiting for that rollout to finish.

all of that makes sense besides the safer on the engine, please elaborate for my poor knowledge of e85 good sir

Wouldn't getting the oil galleries enlarged lower my oil pressure? Why would I want to enlarge them?

Enlarging helps with the returning of the oil from the head under high rpm and g's. I can't remember the original size of the galleries but I think it's something like 8mm and you bore them out to 10 or 12mm. Something along those lines.

Oil pressure should be fine. I've had mine done and it runs like factory.

all of that makes sense besides the safer on the engine, please elaborate for my poor knowledge of e85 good sir

I also run E85 with no issues. It's safer because there is almost no detonation. You can run a lot more timing and boost with out the engine pinging. Plus it runs cooler that unleaded.

I also run E85 with no issues. It's safer because there is almost no detonation. You can run a lot more timing and boost with out the engine pinging. Plus it runs cooler that unleaded.

^^ this,

from what ive read, e85 eats at your cyl walls ..

I don't think it would "eat" at the wall! I think it just cleans the oil off the cylinder wall which I guess could lead to increased wear on components. But it's not going to eat through the cylinder or anything :P

• 1 year later...

Hey SAU, Sorry about not keeping up to date on my build thread, I've been super busy with College classes and working but don't let that think it stopped the build. Since my last update, I have pretty much fully built my rear end suspension and all of the bushings and diff etc.

I got my subframe powder-coated a gunmetal grey as well as sprayed the underbody of my car with truck bed underliner i guess you could say...to protect it from rust etc. and pressed in SPL solid aluminum bushings into the subframe after torching out the old and worn out(pretty much shot) factory bushings.

IMG_9607_zpsly3kvz9d.jpg

IMG_9608_zps9n1rd5kz.jpg

IMG_9765_zpsl80lorvn.jpg

Also pressed in some Megan Solid aluminum diff mount bushings for the r33 vlsd & axles i swapped in.

IMG_9766_zpsxu2s4ufz.jpgIMG_9754_zpsb6mucylr.jpg

I went to JoAnns ( fabric store, idk if you guys have that in aus haha) and bought some black leather fabric to wrap my dash in to cover up cracks and scratches etc. for first timer, it didnt turn out too bad in my opinion. oh and that z in the background is mine, had to get something fun while im working on the project, I lowered it on stance coil overs.

IMG_2691_zpsj54pjbeg.jpg

IMG_2692_zpsr2vfkhq5.jpg

IMG_2695_zpssyu2bn6t.jpg

wanted to take it out and clean it up so i pulled it out and cleaned it and the Z after i put the dash in.

IMG_3298_zpswkaoosha.jpg

so i drove the z for most of 2015 which is the time i haven't been on here. and then on my way back from a drift event a Silverado 2500 ran into the back of me when i was completely stopped and smashed me into the car infront of me, completely totalling the Z :glare::closedeyes: but, i got to keep most of my goodies from it such as the wheels, seats, and coilovers. so swapped most of that stuff in the project car.

IMG_3812_zps0xwmegb3.jpg

IMG_3814_zpstooodoud.jpg

oh and now that i put that up there i forgot to tell the rest of the rear suspension setup!

I decided to go with a full PoweredbyMax Suspension setup including their 25mm dropped rear knuckles that have dual z32 caliper mounts.( ill be running a hydro ebrake, which is also PoweredbyMax)

IMG_9829_zpsphfozdyc.jpg

IMG_4060_zpsijo6khvv.jpg

IMG_4061_zps7je4gwqa.jpgIMG_4062_zpsuralsmne.jpg

IMG_4229_zpsbe5geyqt.jpg

IMG_4535_zps9g714xbj.jpg

IMG_4536_zpso2n52gmk.jpg

IMG_4539_zpsurtlb81n.jpg

IMG_3981_zps4tkih3rf.jpg

I started a little side project with my headlights. As some of you know, early model s14's headlights tend to yellow on the lens and fade and pretty much..look like shit. and its hard to get them to compete with the later model Kouki headlights with their aggressive look. So I saw some people from jap who retrofitted their headlights and decided to do that to my Headlights.

IMG_3353_zpsmfh3lwjm.jpg

TheRetrofitstore.com is local to me so i just drove up and got what i needed from them. They even threw in a spare projector shroud since there was cutting involved in installing them and they were aware of it. So i decided to go with the newer design Square shaped projectors instead of the widely used circle projectors so it would stand out more and to be honest Zenki headlights are pretty much bricks anyways so the square should flow more in my opinion.

IMG_3375_zpsde7zddn4.jpgIMG_3824_zpsixdqf1u3.jpg

IMG_3929_zpsdicylcnj.jpg

IMG_3930_zps5rhrju1j.jpg

IMG_3932_zpsk6n2gwym.jpg

IMG_4232_zpss5eoakdd.jpg

IMG_4233_zpsjtmb2kdw.jpg

I would say it turned out great! Im in love with the transformation. Heres a before and after.

IMG_4236_zps1zngksfp.jpg

and a better picture from far away of how old headlights looked before i did any modifications.

IMG_3316_zpscdnmmr1y.jpg

Some more pictures of the headlights and a quick look of how they fit on the car. im not keeping them on until i get everything else as far as body goes..so they don't get scratched up etc.

IMG_4727_zps0rs18oeb.jpg

IMG_4732_zpstukzmh66.jpg

IMG_4738_zpswcpbq2ri.jpg

IMG_4733_zpsb6dvsgtt.jpg

• Like 3