SAU Community

E85 For 34 Gtt

Snake-eyes-racing-1

so e85 will give me power gains which I want, I do a oil change now every 5,000 kms or earlier when it is hot.

I have everything that is needed, I will take it for a tune clean up as running a bit ruff, see power figures and go from there

Cheers for all you input

Anyone wanting to know information about e85 is welcome to PM me, I have been learning it's peculiarities, testing and tuning with it for over 5 years. I am more than capable of dispelling any myths people have been told.

I tried PM'ing you but you can't receive any more messages!! Haha

• 2 weeks later...

E85 is rajab (G O D), buy good quality oils royal purple e.t.c or any e85 rated oil and you can be assured of no problems. in winter it is slightly harder to start and if e85 sits for prolonged periods you can have corrosion as it is hygroscopic (all people saying hydroscopic it is not a real word). it is almost detonation proof and returns knock values under 50 at all times. it also gives you almost certain protection against EPA defects for emissions as it is super clean. look to see 300-350 km per tank depending on tune and how you drive.

In summary anyone not running E85 is insane not to mention it is about 40 c cheaper then bp ultimate

I tried PM'ing you but you can't receive any more messages!! Haha

Yeh sorry, I get a lot of messages. :P

Have cleaned my inbox now.

don't go crazy big with injectors unless you like idle issues.

I have never seen idle issues with the Xspurts I sell, even the 2000cc injectors idle fine.

E85 is rajab (G O D), buy good quality oils royal purple e.t.c or any e85 rated oil and you can be assured of no problems. in winter it is slightly harder to start and if e85 sits for prolonged periods you can have corrosion as it is hygroscopic (all people saying hydroscopic it is not a real word). it is almost detonation proof and returns knock values under 50 at all times. it also gives you almost certain protection against EPA defects for emissions as it is super clean. look to see 300-350 km per tank depending on tune and how you drive.

In summary anyone not running E85 is insane not to mention it is about 40 c cheaper then bp ultimate

As I already mentioned, any SN rated oil will be fine, just change it regularly, and keep the running oil temp over 80 degrees to evaporate any water and ethanol out of it.
E85 is cheaper, but you use 30% more for the same power, don't get too excited because you will end up using twice the fuel you normally would at say a track day or similar. It's worth it though. :)
  • Like 1

Has anyone got an updated list of petrol stations that sell e85 here in adelaide ?

ADELAIDE AIRPORT Sir Richard William Avenue, ADELAIDE AIRPORT SA 5950

MURRAY BRIDGE 155 Adelaide Street, MURRAY BRIDGE SA 5253

POORAKA 876 Main North Road, POORAKA SA 5059

SEATON 169-171 Tapleys Hill Road, SEATON SA 5023

source: http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/fuel/ethanol-85/e85-store-list

There are currently 9 locations in Adelaide that sell E85, namely:

Caltex

131 O'Connell St, North Adelaide

Corner Panalatinga & Bains Rd, Woodcroft

201 Salisbury Hwy, Salisbury Downs

1916 Main North Rd, Salisbury Park

1129 South Rd, St Marys

443 Main North Rd, Clearview

United

169 Tapleys Hill Rd, Seaton

Sir Richard William Ave, Adelaide Airport

876 Main North Rd, Pooraka

http://www.raa.com.au/motoring-and-road-safety/fuel-information/e85-petrol

• 4 weeks later...

Just curious, what gains in performance are there from a lightly modified standard turbo car? I have a friend with the following mods who wants e85 but I think the money is better spent elsewhere... Anyway:

Eg rb25 with standard turbo, 12psi, standard motor, pod, fmic, nistune, 3" exh etc?

Making around 190-200rwkw, could he expect the same increases in power as someone with 300rwkw going from 98 to e85?

Edited by s213b

I can't see why not, perhaps not 50kw, but 20 and a heap of torque... Yes.

Interesting, I can't think of a reason why any skyline wouldn't be running e85 if it wasnt a daily and had access to a pump.

Interesting, I can't think of a reason why any skyline wouldn't be running e85 if it wasnt a daily and had access to a pump.

1. Reduced range

2. Need to map out access to fuel for road trips

Other than that probably not a lot. Awesome power gains and other benefits.