SAU Community

E85 For 34 Gtt

Snake-eyes-racing-1

The caltex on main north road in Salisbury is overcharging for e85. It should be around 20 to 25c below 91 unleaded, the last time I checked it was only 5c below. It's a pity as it's on my way to work. Is this the same for all caltex servos?

Reduced range is the only drawback, and jerries can fix that.

United have a great app for finding e85 servos nearby, although it can be slow to be updated.

Scotty you are the E85 man so rather than doing a search can you answer this quickly.

Does the decreased cost of E85 negate the reduced range?

I'm not 100% on the cost of E85 and from what I have read it's about 30% more fuel?

Does the decreased cost of E85 negate the reduced range?

Have a read of this over at LS1: E85: A Long Term Evaluation.

Based on his data, over about two years, the cost per km of running E85 was pretty much identical to running PULP.

However that was posted in October last year so prices (and how they compare) will have changed again since.

Ive read on here multiple times people saying e85 is cheaper, but you use more lf it so it ends up more expensive. But e85 seems to be about 25-30% cheaper than 98. If you use 25- 30% more fuel, wouldnt you assume itd end up equal? (obviously depending on how you drive.)

*im no mathematician :D

if you drive "sensible" it equals about the same, put your foot in and can almost see the petrol needle drop. on average day to day driving I lost 100kms per tank switching to e85, but pay about $20 less per tank. also made 40kws from the change.

There is lots of benefits if you have the fuel setup . Cheap way to gain power and reliable . The advantage is it not detonating and jamming heaps of timing in it without problems to gain power . Just being able to fill up is the problem .

WOW! That answer couldn't be further from truth! E85 will be 1 of the best things you do to your car :) 100 is just 98 with 10% ethanol (I think) will be nowhere near the same power gains or the same driveability 70% or 85% ethanol will offer. If ya not too accelerator happy increased fuel consumption will be minimal with a good tune.. But its hard not using it with the new found powerz lol :)

Dont bother with E85. Too much hassel for the gain. Try united 100. Almost the same power gain without the issues and costly setup of E85.

Just curious, what gains in performance are there from a lightly modified standard turbo car? I have a friend with the following mods who wants e85 but I think the money is better spent elsewhere... Anyway:

Eg rb25 with standard turbo, 12psi, standard motor, pod, fmic, nistune, 3" exh etc?

Making around 190-200rwkw, could he expect the same increases in power as someone with 300rwkw going from 98 to e85?

Been having a read of this thread - is there enough scope in stock RB25 NEO injectors to run e85 with the stock turbo?

Been having a read of this thread - is there enough scope in stock RB25 NEO injectors to run e85 with the stock turbo?

Doubt it... they are pretty small (370cc i think)...