SAU Community

Id Rb25 Injectors

Nismo 740s are 16600-RR544

Looks like you might have "Jecs" injectors which are OEM or copied Jecs injectors remanufactured to different flow rates.

These have a poor reputation so will be interesting to see how they bear up in testing (and in tuning).

score! don't forget to get the lag times....you'll need them when for when you tune.....I'd advise you to put them straight in after the cleaning and flowing as mine got stuck after not putting them in after a full bench flow and test and multiple ultrasonic baths...I only waited 2 months.

Nismo 740s are 16600-RR544

Looks like you might have "Jecs" injectors which are OEM or copied Jecs injectors remanufactured to different flow rates.

These have a poor reputation so will be interesting to see how they bear up in testing (and in tuning).

I'm running some of those remanufactured 850s from tlf performance. it goes on the dyno tomorrow....hoping for the best.

You just can't explain it to some people Ben, the extra time required to set the idle on the dyno, mucking around with lag times to get them feeling good, the hassle is, there is no way to know if they are all similar.

Remanufactured means some company took your stock injectors, ran a drill through them, cleaned them then sold them back for more than a new set of Xspurts would cost. I just don't get it...

You just can't explain it to some people Ben, the extra time required to set the idle on the dyno, mucking around with lag times to get them feeling good, the hassle is, there is no way to know if they are all similar.

Remanufactured means some company took your stock injectors, ran a drill through them, cleaned them then sold them back for more than a new set of Xspurts would cost. I just don't get it...

they idle fine if you get your lag time right in your corrections....thats why its important to know.....and i get about 400+km to a tank. i'm pretty pleased i didn't piss $1000 up against the wall when there are injectors out there that will do the job for a third the price.

Badgaz, a shit spray pattern is still a shit pattern. And compared to modern injectors the pattern of drilled injectors is terrible.

Maybe you get away with it for around 700cc or less but bigger than that idle is way harder to get nice, and economy will suffer. If you compared to decent injectors you would realise straight away.

You do however get an acceptable result with drilled injectors if you don't know any better though. They will make same power on a dyno and that seems to be the only thing people care about.

they idle fine if you get your lag time right in your corrections....thats why its important to know.....and i get about 400+km to a tank. i'm pretty pleased i didn't piss $1000 up against the wall when there are injectors out there that will do the job for a third the price.

A good tuner doesn't need lag time guesses from the manufacturer, they work it out initially during the first part of the tune. The problem comes when there are differences between each injector's lag time, as there is no way the tuner can compensate or even know.

If you are paying 1k for injectors you are getting ripped. I can sell Xspurt 1000's for $600. Top feed rails are $100 from Goodies direct... The Nismo's are closer to that 1k price, only due to the name.

A good tuner doesn't need lag time guesses from the manufacturer, they work it out initially during the first part of the tune. The problem comes when there are differences between each injector's lag time, as there is no way the tuner can compensate or even know.

If you are paying 1k for injectors you are getting ripped. I can sell Xspurt 1000's for $600. Top feed rails are $100 from Goodies direct... The Nismo's are closer to that 1k price, only due to the name.

yes agreed there is the theoretical world and the real world...my lag values had a correction of 0.29 at 14volts from the manufacturer....it idled a little crappy and i adjusted the correction to 0.31 and it idles perfect....just like they were suppose to be 850's but i'm working off a correction factor that is 52% which puts them around 750cc. 1k is what we'd pay over here in NZ for a set of 740's.

yes agreed there is the theoretical world and the real world...my lag values had a correction of 0.29 at 14volts from the manufacturer....it idled a little crappy and i adjusted the correction to 0.31 and it idles perfect....just like they were suppose to be 850's but i'm working off a correction factor that is 52% which puts them around 750cc. 1k is what we'd pay over here in NZ for a set of 740's.

You can get IDs for less but I'll just get my next set of injectors off Scotty.

Just to close this thread out, picked them up today. They have been drilled/flowed what ever they are!! Flow ended up being 800, well 790mil. So enough for what i need. Pritty happy to be honest. The guy that gave them a service replaced all the O rings etc and said the spray pattern was spot on

Fair enough, spot on was my wording. He said they had a good consistent spray pattern. Translate that into injector service technician speak and you have the correct wording