SAU Community

Rb26 Fuel Set Up For 500+Kw R32 Gtr

Hello everyone.

Just doing some research on my build and thought id ask you guys for some advise.

My car is an 93 R32 GTR(My dream car). Ive had it now for just over 2 years and 1 year ago pulled it off the road for the build up.

Parts list as is

- Full Balanced/Prepped Crank and Block

- Cp 87mm Forged pistons

- Nitto oil Pump

- 9 Litre Hi Octane sump

- Big Camtech Cams/Springs

- Borg Warner EFR9180 1.05 External gate 700 - 1000hp

- Plazmaman 100mm Comp Series Intercooler

- Plazmaman Intake(6 Throttle body)

- Head modified(Oil drain/restrictor) with race porting

+More.

My questions are what fuel set up is recomended. Are 2000cc Bosch Injectors, x 2 Bosch 044 and a 3.1Litre surge tank enough. Will be running E85.

Clutch. What clutch would be adequate. Car will be a street cruiser and the occasional Drag night at WSID.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Also i will start a build thread with pictures soon. Keep an eye out!

The fuel setup you've mentioned should do the job no problems. I'm currently building a big HP engine and am going to run 2 x Bosch 044 external pumps into a 2L surge tank for E85. I'd recommend Injector Dynamics ID2000 injectors as they're actually ~2200cc and will have better properties for idle tuning. For the clutch, I'd recommend contacting Direct Clutch Australia. Their twin plate will hold the power and torque well and driveability will be decent too. It'll set you back around $1900, +$100 or so for a push to pull converter seeing as your gearbox may be the later pull type.

Edited by Uncustom

All bosch 2000's are actually 2200's, even more at decent pressure, not that the Bosch 044's will supply that much. I would be running a large PWM speed controlled pump personally. Quieter, higher pressure and draws less current.

The EV14 2000's are not a petrol injector, they are Natural gas injectors. Not sure how long they will last on ethanol, I would instead go for the new 1400cc stainless ethanol/methanol injectors just released, or Moran all the way if you have the coin.

All bosch 2000's are actually 2200's, even more at decent pressure, not that the Bosch 044's will supply that much. I would be running a large PWM speed controlled pump personally. Quieter, higher pressure and draws less current.

The EV14 2000's are not a petrol injector, they are Natural gas injectors. Not sure how long they will last on ethanol, I would instead go for the new 1400cc stainless ethanol/methanol injectors just released, or Moran all the way if you have the coin.

Did not know about Bosch 2000s being 2200 :rolleyes:

The fuel setup you've mentioned should do the job no problems. I'm currently building a big HP engine and am going to run 2 x Bosch 044 external pumps into a 2L surge tank for E85. I'd recommend Injector Dynamics ID2000 injectors as they're actually ~2200cc and will have better properties for idle tuning. For the clutch, I'd recommend contacting Direct Clutch Australia. Their twin plate will hold the power and torque well and driveability will be decent too. It'll set you back around $1900, +$100 or so for a push to pull converter seeing as your gearbox may be the later pull type.

The direct clutch is good, I have one in mine, they are hard to get used to, but solid as. Takes about 2000kms or maybe only a few hundred in the city to bed in and not bite so much

No inline fuel pump (fuel flows through the motor) are specifically designed to pump alcohol fuels.

I would recommend Weldon fuel pumps as they are designed to pump alcohol fuels.

For injectors I would use Moran Motorsport for the same reason.

You are putting together a high spec engine, don't skimp on the important parts!

I will definitly be calling Direct clutch. Gearbox is a pull type. I hope box holds up. As for fuel pumps, basically i want reliabilty, i dont want to cut corners and want the best fuel pump available to flow enough e85 fuel to support approx 900 engine hp. Weldon pumps look the goods.

At over 3 times the price of the Xspurts I sell, no-one has ever bought a set of Moran injectors off me. The Xspurts do the same job for much less, and I don't hear of many 2000+hp builds needing 5000cc injectors. The Moran's are rebuildable though, (unlike the Xspurts which have filters that can't even be cleaned) so over the long term they can be a smart investment.

Keep in mind, if you use Moran injectors you need to use their 10 micron filter, or they won't cover the warranty.

You should be running a filter anyway.

I know of at least one handsome fella on here running Moran injectors. Soon to be two as I am buying a set for myself.

No sh1t you need a filter :P, but how many systems run a 10 micron paper element capable of 2000hp flow. Like I said, if you don't run their (expensive) filter, or a 10 micron equivalent paper one, they won't cover the warranty so I am told, which is fair enough as I have seen many injectors clogged from e85 use recently.

Are you going to let me quote you for the set Michael? I get damn good pricing, but there isn't much margin on these from the wholesaler.

No sh1t you need a filter :P, but how many systems run a 10 micron paper element capable of 2000hp flow. Like I said, if you don't run their (expensive) filter, or a 10 micron equivalent paper one, they won't cover the warranty so I am told, which is fair enough as I have seen many injectors clogged from e85 use recently.

Are you going to let me quote you for the set Michael? I get damn good pricing, but there isn't much margin on these from the wholesaler.

Sorry, I know that come off a bit 'derrr' but in the context of a very expensive fuel setup running alcohol adequate filtration for high flow rates is an absolute must and a bit more expense for a filter is totally worth it. I feel like punching our sourcing team in the face every time they try and suggest we use a cheaper hydraulic filter on our machines!

Yes of course I will :) thanks for the offer. I will send you a PM.

• 4 months later...

i have a set of the 160lb ones.

chunky injector(quite fat at the bottom)

will not work in a "asnu" injector flow bench due to there electrical demand and the fact that they flow so much fuel so fast.

(they dribbled and carried on, on the asnu machine then i tested them on an oldschool machine and happy days..)

to be honest i think 160lb is very concervative.

as for fuel pumps, i made my own using a mechanical spur gear fuel pump ie: waterman etc etc and used a thermofan electric motor with a coupling adapter i made in the lathe.

works well, 14~l/m @45psi and 12l/m@200psi. about 30 amps currant draw at high pressure)