SAU Community

R32 Steering Upgrades. Questions?

hey guys was looking at fitting a r33 steering rack into my r32 gtst 4 door. can it be done without removing hicas bull;shit? and what tips and tricks you guys got for me?

also wanting to put r33 or r34 lower control arms in. 1. will the fit and 2. will they make a difference?

thanks John.

If you want more steering lock im assuming drift or similar ?? even if not...take the hicas out fullstop

R33 rack will fit yes

If you want the most lock out a std rack for and r32 put a ca18de or even better an s14 steering rack in ... less turns lock to lock and little bit more lock, you'll need to re route lines a little but very easy

R33 , S14 front lower LCA's will both fit and are approx 10mm+ longer

the difference on all that is dependant on what adjustable arms, other suspension, ride height etc you have already

but all things being equal longer from LCA;s will induce more camber and widen current stance

If you are drifting and are looking to get the most out of the R32 steering (without spending ridiculous amounts of money) you will need

> R32 steering rack is fine, but R33/S14 is probably worth it if your current rack is no good.

> Getting your knuckles modified by JDI Fabrication in melbourne

> Longer tie rods (a requirement if you are getting your knuckles modified)

> Standard R32 tie rod ends are fine

> Steering rack spacers
> Modifying X-member to move the steering rack forward
> R33/S14 lower control arms as they are 10mm longer

All of these are about as far as you can take it without getting ridiculous. The longer tie rods you need come from an A33 maxima and have a part number of RE1050, the standard tie rod ends are fine.

m2QN61A.jpg

I just received my R33 LCA's today and measured them as there was a lot of grey info on the net about them. They are almost exactly 10mm longer and the bump stop is a concave shape as opposed to the R32 item which is straight, effectively allowing more steering angle before it hits bump stops.

GKRrZdT.jpg

And here is the crossmember when it has had the steering rack mount moved forwards 15mm

Image0101.jpg