SAU Community

Eoi/fs: Genuine Nismo Pitcrew Suit

13Beast

Hi guys,

Bought this for a pretty penny over 10 years ago from Unique Autosports back when I had my GTR. I wore it a couple times to track days for a bit of fun, and took it with me to Japan for the past 5 years where it sat in a box.

Time has come to pass it on to a Nissan-phile to hang up on the wall in the garage as a piece of memorabilia, or even for somebody who wants that something different to have on when rocking up to a track day in their Nissan. I am 5'11" and it is a little baggy on me with the legs and arms, but still fits ok in all the other areas of the suit and wasn't a problem for me to wear. The sizing says "LL". Judging from how it fits me (via the length of the arms and legs), I would say it would probably fit someone in the 6'1" - 6'4" range really well.

I was told when I got it that it was a genuine Le Mans-era pitcrew suit. The TWR badge on the side makes me think that is likely, given that TWR were involved in the R390, which was around 1998 or 1999 that Nissan raced at Le Mans. The old-school Nissan logo (not sure when the race teams changed to the newer hamburger logo) could mean an earlier era however? I'm not much of a Nissan racing history afficianado, but I am sure some of you reading this will be and could probably pinpoint perhaps what era or race series it came from.

It's in near-perfect condition besides a minor soiling stain in the seat of the pants, which is quite faint and I only actually noticed it today when taking pics of it. Perhaps someone on the pit-crew took the R390 for a hot lap and literally sh*t his pants? It certainly doesn't smell though (thank god) and you literally barely notice it.

Expressions of interest via PM from genuine interested people only please.

FYI; the photo uploader isn't working and I was having trouble loading up pics. If you PM me with your email addy I can email pics.

Hey guys,

Cheers for the interest. After numerous tries putting photos up, it just does NOT want to play ball. No idea why it keeps failing.

Anyways, PM me your emails, and I'll fire them through.

Or better yet, just email me -> [email protected]

In regards to pricing, I've only worn it a handful of times, and its been kept mostly boxed and stored away safely. I paid $650 for it 10 years ago, and would like something at that price, or close to it. Considering generic race suits to wear for the track cost a fair bit anyways, not to mention this one has the added bonus of being a ridgy-didge Nismo pit crew suit.

If I keep it around I may be inclined to buy another GTR or an S15 just so I have an excuse to keep it and wear it...so it's an evil temptation and must go :)