SAU Community

Ideas on refreshing/refurbishing r32 interior

Hi Guys,

Has anyone retrimmed the r32 (specifically gtr if possible) in a new material, had the seats refurbished or anything similar? Are there any aftermarket seats out there that bolt straight into an r32 gtr that look similar to the stock seats and suit the existing interior?

I want to freshen up the inside of the car. :cheers:

I was thinking of replacing the cloth/trim in the r32 with leather or a new cloth.

Also what happened to the guy who was going to do r32 leather gearshift/handbrake boots? Did that end up happening?

If anyone has any pics, stories or ideas let me know.

Also what happened to the guy who was going to do r32 leather gearshift/handbrake boots? Did that end up happening?

For the gear and hand brake boots see...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=35694

Cant give him a big enough rap, i wish businesses i dealt with were this easy to deal with...havent installed on my car yet as its MIA, but they look good, so not expectign any probs.

Whats exactly wrong with your interior, what look do you like, i dont like leather, hence the race seat i have in mine.... i like my rice :cheers:

bollocks, full leather retrim from a good italian upholsterer that only uses leather from napoli and a big f**koff sewing machine costs about 2k.

Does that include all panels as well as seats, roof lining, etc?

I did say it was an uneducated guess :cheers: Although I seem to remember an article in Speed with some guy who had his R32 GT-R retrimmed in yellow-ish leather and the figure $5k seems to have stuck in my mind.

LW.

im gettin mine done by Master Custom Autotrim in sydney

They are doing bucket seats front and rear custom door trims etc on average a job like this is worth about 8-10K from Master Custom Autotrim or To The Max.

you could probably get a basic job done for about 3K

I'd be interested in seeing some pics of an updated/new R32 GTR interior. The dash is dog ugly which is 1 thing thats stopping me from buying an R32 GTR (I could dream).

Give me an R32 GTR with an R33 interior any day :cheers:

I'd be interested in seeing some pics of an updated/new R32 GTR interior. The dash is dog ugly which is 1 thing thats stopping me from buying an R32 GTR (I could dream)

You think? I always liked the interior because its real sporty, it took a long while for me to like the R33 interior...to me it looked like a Camry dash with Camry seats :)

Pentae.... so you picked up an R32....congrats :cheers:

Roy: No not yet :)

My sale with the r34 GTR fell through so i'm doing a bit of prepurchase research to go with plan a: R32 gtr..

(the r33 gtr is too much of a whale for my personal taste)

So comes the question,

Buy an 89 GTR and refurb interior/respray.. 35k

Buy a 94 v-spec II and wait for r32 compliance.. 35k

Free research on SAU.. priceless

Tough call :cheers: