SAU Community

Insurance For 34 Gtt, 21 Year Old.

RuskyGT

Just wondering what would be the best to go for? Good to go under parents name?

21 years old, no crash history but have never had insurance previously...

Drive a fairly stock r34 gtt.

I'm not sure about your age as a restriction but...

NRMA Vintage Veteran and Classic will insure all cars over 15yrs old so long as they're not driven over 9,000Kms/yr and are secured properly.

Premiums are much cheaper than Just Car, Shannon's, NRMA (regular) or Dawes.

Now the message has gone interstate to include SGIC and SGIO Vintage, Veteran and Classic.

If you want your parent/s to own the car nominally, you must be a nominated driver on the policy.

Yes Peter, NRMA reduced recently the car's age threshhold from 20 yrs old down to 15.

Modifications make virtually no difference to the premium paid; but should be stated, so that replaced parts should conform to what has been listed.

After you get your quote, give us feedback (especially in General Automotive section)!

Nice surprise in store for you I think.

More than likely if your licence class restricts you from driving a high performance car, this would give an insurance company ammunition to refute your claim if you were caught driving.

You would have to say someone else drove it in an accident, which then would be hard to pull off in a given scenario.

In saying this, most would cover you under your parents name. If something happens, they drove it.

All above advice, I wouldn't advise to do. It'll bite you back someway.

Insurance is based on the youngest driver. So even if the car is under your parents name and you are listed on the list of drivers, than it is calculated for the youngest driver. Best bet is to call up insurance company's. Shannons and Just Car were the 2 that I had to go through when I was 21. Good luck with it all.