SAU Community

Jacob's R33 Gtst S2

Looks great!!

I want that box so bad. What did you use to cut it into shape?

Looking good mate.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Regarding the cutting of the shape, I tried tin snips but the metal was too thick so I drilled holes and used a jigsaw. The metal was flapping around and I was finding it hard to cut so I rested it on a drum of power wire (the stuff sparkies carry around) and used that to support it on either side while I cut in the middle moving the material instead of the jigsaw because of the limited space.

More updates coming soon! I ordered something small but cool for the car :)

• 2 weeks later...

that is one stealthy build!

nice build man :)

Thanks mate, I'd like to eventually go top mount for ease of access but for now stealth it is.

he ordered a dose pipe! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

One day, when NSW HWP go away *cough cough* - Never

------------------

Ordered some more parts from Kudos to fix the cooling problem where the car runs super cool for no visible reason.

Thermostat - because the one in there which was also new MAY be faulty but I would rather be prepared

Thermostat housing - because everyone complains how fragile they are. Again would rather be prepared

Gasket maker/goo - I ran out of the old stuff I had

OEM Radiator cap - Just another thing so I am prepared

DB574A4F-4D47-4791-93D6-D6D1B288E467_zps

My bosses must be getting sick of receiving car parts for me (get everything delivered to our office)

As I have the Pulsar I wont be in a rush to get this done so I'll put my car in the garage this weekend and take my time.

Oooo maximum awesome lol

Where's the dose pipe? Come on mang

soon.jpg

Why you not order from me ? :( :(

Find someone to make me that lip and I'll order it from you :)

Nice to catchup with you tonight

Ordered some more stuff from GKTECH

They now sell the solid shifter bushing for R33 GTST's which they stopped selling years ago. Bought that and the shifter springs again that I bought a while back. I completely forgot to remove the two rounded bolts last time I had the gearbox off - This time I'll lower the box which I didn't think of doing last time and get one of those rounded bolt sockets on it or a good pair of vice grips. Not sure why it was so tight last time though

Stay tuned - I have some work this weekend on the car planned

My neighbours don't like how loud my car is so I spent today at a friends house working on our cars and changing my thermostat (had to run it to bleed it and my neighbours hate it)

Found the issue with the cooling, changed the thermostat housing, thermostat, bled the system etc. Heater pumps hot again (was warm before at best) gauges read right and the data logging shows the right reading.

I'll do a quick DIY for the thermostat change because I found a good way to locate it without causing the problem I had again. I'll explain below anyway.

B8A95740-195A-4A3B-809F-F21422097306_zps

F13F3FFB-5626-4E58-9E8C-9CE6DC4168A1_zps

B6615119-D973-4D23-9F21-D27F1FDDFD37_zps

8500ABAC-6A08-4E9E-AE7A-B931B49366B1_zps

08861589-3E82-412A-AD3B-F78B4DF659F4_zps

2016-06-05_2-10-34_zpsasuaggcj.png

The issue I was having that the thermostat didn't locate in the block properly. This was caused because when I tried to locate the thermostat originally I couldn't line the bolts up without bumping it (sealant grabs it and moves it etc) around causing the thermostat to lose its seating in the block.

To get around this I got two long bolts with the same thread pitch and cut the heads off them, screwed them into the block and placed the thermostat housing over that meaning it was straight and I couldn't possibly bump the thermostat out of the block again. Put one bolt in, torqued it down then removed one stud and repeated.

More goodies coming - I'm broke until pay day now but atleast my car loves me.

Some pics from a few weeks ago when we had back burning in Sydney - Went down the coast in the hopes that it would be less smoky down the coast but it was still pretty bad.

R33%20GTST%20Jamberoo%20Pass_zpscxoh2ian

R33%20GTST%20BAC_zpskdloaksp.jpg

Still trailing daytime photography so these are the two of about 100 that I took that I liked. Heading to Bathurst this week for a drive as I have a couple of days off so I will take some more pics up there too.

• Like 1

Worked on the Pulsar yesterday and the Skyline today

Pulsar got new brakes, driveshafts, brake fluid and some general cleanup

I went to change the shifter bushing today on the Skyline but the bushing wouldn't seat low enough to get the circlip into the top of the gearbox. So after lots of messing around I finally wrestled the shifter out and put a brand new OEM bush on.

Pics below

Found a car cover at Supercheap

IMG_2546_zpskhkdz8et.jpg

IMG_2501_zps4rswpn9r.jpg

IMG_2519_zps85beyitm.jpg

IMG_2522_zpspfoooosg.jpg

IMG_2530_zpsoz5rhjqu.jpg

IMG_2533_zps6yofgd9s.jpg

IMG_2549_zpstsg5b10w.jpg

One more because I thought it was funny

IMG_2552_zps3ix2r0tc.jpg