SAU Community

C210/C211 Skylines

hi there i have a 1977 c210 that is running rough at the moment do they have general problems with there carberators , i have changed the coil / spark plugs / tested leads & next thing i am thinking of doing is overalling the carbie .

spoke to a previous nissan mechanic from tha seventies & he did nothing but bag the l24 motor saying that they where renound for wearing out cams due to poor lubrication system & said they where nothing but a hassel to work on.

i left his workshop thinking surely they are not that bad . i am a previous v8 ford / holden man & know little about early model skylines . any reply would be great cheers my77sky

the are awesome compared to what holden had at the time

remember the L6 engine was first used in 1969

so it is an old design and in front of tech than even todays LS V8 engines, OHC anyone?

hi there i have a 1977 c210 that is running rough at the moment do they have general problems with there carberators , i have changed the coil / spark plugs / tested leads & next thing i am thinking of doing is overalling the carbie .

spoke to a previous nissan mechanic from tha seventies & he did nothing but bag the l24 motor saying that they where renound for wearing out cams due to poor lubrication system & said they where nothing but a hassel to work on.

i left his workshop thinking surely they are not that bad . i am a previous v8 ford / holden man & know little about early model skylines . any reply would be great cheers my77sky

the mechanic who bagged the L24 probably another holden or ford fanatic,

the l24 is pretty much an indestructable motor, reliable and simple..i never know problems regarding lubrication, or that wearing out

cams?? was he kidding. i have owned skylines which have done in excess of 500.000kms the cam was never

replaced..maybe this mechanic was approching the dementic age,

if you need to compare the holden vb commodore or the xc ford of that time compare to a c210 skyline

the quality is such that the holden or ford belong in noah;s arch..along with that stupid mechanic..

cheers to all skyline owners

• 1 month later...

dear bro'S

i am newbie from malaysia...nice to know c210/c211 owners

just buy c210@180k sedan,car is slightly rusty ..send the car for bodywork and painting

i have question here

i want to take out my original axle and put drive shaft rear end,can i plug n play 180sx or rps13 rear end?

another thing is adjustable suspension...my frenz say can put 180sx or cefiro a31,just need little modification..is it true?

thanks for the help

Edited by boxer_power

• 3 weeks later...

Wrong Thread dude!

Try www.r31skylineclub.com

:thumbsup:

How is it the wrong thread? He has a C210, and clearly posted that he bought a front cut to transplant into said C210.

Welcome boxer_power!

yes 180 sx struts will fit with some minor mods, the front will require a bit more work than the rear, use the search function, there is plenty of information on the subject.

Cheers

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi there my 1977 datsun / skyline is running like a clock now , a mate pulled the carbie off & it had some crap in it . looking forward to catching up with everybody at the all japan day at silverwater .

cheers my 77 sky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

any

R30 diff is an R180(So is the C210's) but they are tuff as anyways...only reason to put an R200 would be for the lsd that is harder to get for R180's and for that lil extra strength if you are doing a LOT of clutch dumping with big rubber.....

Rear struts are straight bolt up....tailshaft is bolt up.the only thing MAY be the width of the rear subframe....but that shouldn't be a problem either.....

I have a complete rear clip for the r30 sitting in my shed ready for my C210 coupe.....havent measured it but cant see a problem( hang on,, im not tim.....I'll shut up now)

anyone can help me out with me pc210 skyline 180k?

my car comes with a rear dead axle and thinking to swap with a r30 r200 diff with lsd

when i got the complete rear end and i found out that width is slightly wider

any idea can recommend for me?fabricate a bracket to mount with it etc??

saw the first page looks like got few people managed to mount it lol

hope to get your help asap...

thx in advance

i recently put an R30 rear end in my c210. was a straight swap. the only difference i found was the handbrake cable between the discs is shorter with the r30 rear and the c210 one doesnt go back far enough to meet it.

I don't think you can install a IRS diff into a PC210, being live axle i would assume there'd be no crossmember or mounts for a crossmember for it.

Can you take pictures for us?

I don't think you can install a IRS diff into a PC210, being live axle i would assume there'd be no crossmember or mounts for a crossmember for it.

Can you take pictures for us?

ok will take the photo when i am free

but i thought the chassis and undercarriage of pc210 design would be almost the same with sedan c210 (any version)

sad....no enough study before start modifying......