SAU Community

C210/C211 Skylines

Certainly looks like one. If you are interested in drag racing at all, the pc210 diff setup is the better option, keeps more rubber on the track, and the upgrade options are limitless

20120420124323.jpg

The mount on the top of this pic can u show me how it attaches to the body?

ie a photo from the ground facing up?

Shock absorbers look to be in the correct position

20120420124323.jpg

The mount on the top of this pic can u show me how it attaches to the body?

ie a photo from the ground facing up?

Shock absorbers look to be in the correct position

yes it was taken from ground facing up

ok....will take the photo again later ^^

• 1 month later...

PCC210 were the 4 cyl version of the C210

smaller wheelbase, from the firewall back was same but front end was shorter cause of only 4 cyl.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a c210 2 door skyline sitting in Kalgoorlie, my mods are as follows:

R30 diff + disc brakes, brass syncro 240k gearbox 5 speed, 4 bar radiatior, Air conditioning (fitted from a later model) L280, nitrited crank, handmade timing chain, 280ZX oil pump and electric dizzy, modified inlet manifold to fit an EF falcon throttle body, Toyota crown (I think) flat top pistons, Crane Cam, ported head, (similar to the p90, but it isnt...?) Haltech F9A EFI computer, VL commadore inline Fuel pump and a Nissan Patrol (LD28) clutch.

The whole thing was ballanced prior to assembly

I put it all together with a dial micrometer setting TDC ect...

This car went like a cut snake, until the octane levels in pump super fell. She kept popping head gaskits and I got sick of replacing them, three years now the car has sat in the backyard. while I've been playing with Jaguars.

Great set of posts her, you've gotten me all nostalgic!

stil

still got the old coupe in ur back yard??? if ya want to sell her give me a yell :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

It's great to find some information on here about c210's. I own one with a L24 engine, I'm only the 3rd owner in the family and its done 66000 k's. In mint condition inside. I have had a bit of an accident though with the engine. My carburettors (hitachi HT405) caught fire and did some damage and trying to find parts is a nightmare. I'm looking for a fan and shroud if anyone knows where I could find them? Also in 2 minds about repairing the carburettors or going for new su's with a electronic dizzy? Fantastic car and hope to get it rolling again! :( I'll need other parts too if anyone has any good contacts? Thanks

Oh and to previous posts you can easily get the full service and repair manual (new) from rare spares in newcastle! Its about $110 and very thorough on everything!

Hey Carlos.

Lucky for you the engine is the least rare part on the C210, being common to a bunch of other models; 240c, 240z, 240k, MR30... Near all the bolt on parts are interchangeable with the L26 and the L28, and a complete L26/L28 will bolt into your car with a few small tweaks. You might find the cheapest option is to pull a complete running engine from a wreck.

Otherwise, you'll likely end up with second hand engine and engine parts from ebay/wreckers/forums, but parts to reco said engine/bits are still available through Bursons/Repco/ebay etc. I'm pretty sure complete reco'd carbys are still available on ebay too.

Twin SU's will make a big difference to power, especially when combined with an electronic distributor and extractors plus exhaust, but tuning/rebuilding them can be fairly expensive initially.

Ill have a look to see if I have a spare fan shroud.

Cheers,

Drew

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys, the front bar on my c210 is screwed, finding a replacement is harder than a needle in a haystack, more like a pube in a haystack. Any other options that will fit? Otherwise i'm tempted to make a copy from timber then make a fibreglass one from that one but have it an exact copy of the original.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

hi all

nice 2 know there are still a lot of 210 enthusiasts out there

actually, this and a couple of other Australian sites on classic Skylines gave me a good lot of info on the car, so thank u guys. i've been reading for a year now, and now i felt like registering - finally - and saying hi=)

now some words 'bout me&my wheels

i come from Moscow, Russia. i've a 1979 BVC210 Skyline wagon (the early short-nose one), that's actually based in Feodosiya, Krimea (that's Ukraine now, and it's a long story why my car is another state, but, anyway... :)

the car is a pretty much stock one, except for the engine - an L18 full inj was swapped from a '81 Laurel (originally the car had L16 carb), together with front seats. a dashboard was replaced with a one from a sedan, for the sake of having a tach =) everything else is unchanged. the overal condition is ok, however 'great' roads out there do no good for suspension etc. As well, the previous owner used to smoke a lot, i mean it, so the windshield needs to be replaced - it's like foggy or weeping all the time from the inside, but its not (if anyone knows how to fight it, i'll be greatfull for any piece of advice)

the real problem now, aside from current maintenance, is taillights. These are are all in cracks and non-stock plastic patches made of pretty much anything... so, i need a pair of good taillights for the car. And so far i fail to find them. The only success was to find an orange piece for a right taillight - in Japan, for some enourmous money like 150 us dollars. So, if anyone has any clue as where i could find the taillights, that would be just great. [no, ebay doesn't have em; or i'm just blind]

well, some photos of the wagon :) dusty but pretty to me. actually, it seemes to be the only one on the whole post-USSR area...

cp0m.th.jpg

jdoq.th.jpg

8i3p.th.jpg

bb87.th.jpg

gqk4.th.jpg

3vru.th.jpg

ps actually i think i need to make a separate thread about the car - i'll do that asap i promise =) the story of how i got it and what happened next may be of quite an amusement for all u guys here =)

Edited by MiLL

Welcome! Nice car you have there, quite rare. We never got the wagon in Australia, so I'm afraid very few, if any people from here will be of much use. That said, I am fairly certain the wagon was sold in Malaysia as well as Japan, so that may be the place to inquire. If you are on Facebook, try Datsun Skyline Community. They are in Malaysia. Once again, welcome to SAU Classics section!

2V8skylineMAN:

but i'm prety sure i've seen at least one short-nose wagon in Australia on some site (can't remember which, exactly... will do a search once more 2morrow). thanx for the link on Malaysian community - seen some pics of Vietnam sky's, they're awesome =) so i gues Malaysia has something to offer, too