SAU Community

Nulon Nationals 2015 Round 1 Smsp

crashdown

Thanks Ciaran for the pics, and also for organising food/drinks/shelter for the club on a hot day.

I really enjoyed the event and I reckon as a group we drove really well....but damn some of you guys hate cones :P

Did anyone see either overall results, or how the club was going? Last I saw we were all in the top 20 and 5th (by 7sec) in the club comp

Thanks for the pics Ciaran! Some amazing action shots in there. One looks like Eric has almost lost a wheel!

Duncan, I think I saw about the same result. I haven't seen a tabulated result, but I'd love to see it and dissect the info!

See Duncan, you laughed at me taking a photo of the board before the last round was up. They pulled the results and didn't post the last round.

In overall standing by driver:

Duncan - 11th

Eric - 16th

Alex - 20th

Dave - 27th

Tim - 28th

Last club standings I saw had us in 5th 7 seconds behind Evo Oz. I didn't take a photo of that.

Well done to everyone! There were lots of very fast drivers out there. And for those that have been to texi, imagine running two courses in a pan size of just one of SAU Texikhana's. Yes, there were that tight and small.

Oh, and Duncan I only hate cones that won't get out of my way ;)

• Like 3

nah its not like that at all, actually the driving from the team was excellent.....they were just using standard cams courses and they are f**king tight. That double kidney thing, even the leaf had trouble driving through at about 10k/h it was so damn tight.

There were a few cones slaughtered by the big cars though, at 5sec each that hurts

nah its not like that at all, actually the driving from the team was excellent.....they were just using standard cams courses and they are f**king tight. That double kidney thing, even the leaf had trouble driving through at about 10k/h it was so damn tight.

There were a few cones slaughtered by the big cars though, at 5sec each that hurts

so modest

f**k yea go the leaf!

Swap cars??? :D

I'll put my hand up there. I know I copped one penalty for a cone, the time looked out for the course so I asked the timekeeper who confirmed. Thankfully the other courses that I wrong directioned first run, I think I got sorted on the second run.

Seriously kudos to the team. We only got two runs on each course. I did a cone of a couple a courses. Luckily I think only one counted for times.

Big respect to Duncan in the Leaf. Even with the torque he was the lowest powered car in the field by a long way. Also being front wheel drive without a manual hand break carried quite a penalty on the tight 360's and cone 180's. To get up there in the field took some serious skill.

Looks like some runs are up on youtube:

Alex, damn close until last cone which I think was WD:

Here is his incar, you can see how steering wheel work is needed for such a big heavy car on tight courses:

Awesome apex watching too, I think he was looking out the rear window at times.

Tim's incar, the first one in particular shows how well has was handling the tight turns and getting close to the cones

And outcar from the same as the first vid. One win, one lose, its amazing how totally different lines end up with such similar times.

Aggrodave, also drove really well but some cone hits hurt overall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCrlrUwWCps

Two of eric's runs

And none of the leaf, no surprise, it doesn't sound very interesting!

Basically this event didn't suit our club's cars, but the whole point of this series to have a whole heap of different types of events....if everything suited Skylines we should just call it the Skyline Nationals! Our job at this event was to get as high up the club chart until the other events so that we can defend last year's title :)

• Like 4

Awesome photos chashdown! Do you mind if I repost a couple of them on Facebook?

And cheers for posting the vids Duncan :)

I had a great day guys, sorry I was a little too tail happy to get us higher in the ranks.

I think we all had a small cone eating addiction throughout the day, except Duncan... ok ok, maybe it was just me and Dave lol.