SAU Community

How To Contact Moderators?

Hi.

I have sent a pm to prank and r31nismoid and have had no reply for a while now.

What I would like to be able to do is edit my phone number out of old for sale posts.

I'm sick of getting contacted way after items are sold, even when I have updated them as sold.

I sort of understand why we aren't allowed to edit posts, but would like it if either a mod could delete my number from all posts or give me temporary edit rights so I can do it.

Cheers

Ben

Just to help you out Ben I would recommend in future that any For Sale threads you create, you only send your number privately to the interested buyer.

What is that saying? "what you post on the net stays on the net"

I get the concern with scammers, but seriously.... I've sold heaps of stuff. Heaps of people have come to my house to buy it. I've posted things worth over 1000.

I have clearly made a lot of posts.

It would be a person way more dedicated than me to spend over a year helping the community, selling a lot of stuff then to just try to scam people. Especially considering the fact I have never hidden my number, or asked people to meet me away from home etc.

It's just as time has gone on I have found having my number on the net is annoying to me.

I understand my request means work for someone, but realistically I'm still entitled to ask.

Anyway, its actually a part of the rules of the for sale section to post a phone number, and I appreciate that. What I don't understand is why it has to stay there after the item is sold.

Many other forums delete or completely edit threads once the item is sold. This forum has decided for some reason to leave the thread intact, I presume to get more google hits. That's cool. But why leave the number there?

Anyway, hopefully it's easy to edit them for me, or give me temporary editing rights.

Cheers

Ben

Anyway, its actually a part of the rules of the for sale section to post a phone number, and I appreciate that.

Not trying to spark an argument.

I just double checked the "SA Section - For Sale" thread and I did not see anything mentioned about it being compulsory to post your phone number?

Anyway despite the above I hope for your sake you can get your number removed....

• Like 1

Not trying to spark an argument.

I just double checked the "SA Section - For Sale" thread and I did not see anything mentioned about it being compulsory to post your phone number?

Anyway despite the above I hope for your sake you can get your number removed....

Its in the main for sale section rules, number 8, can't say I've read the SA sections rules. They also say must include a valid email address, which is just silly. Perhaps its time to update them.

Its not like the rules are really enforced though....

Its not a huge issue at the end of the day.

Perhaps if a mod could explain why we can't edit posts after a certain time?

Cheers

Ben

Edited by Ben C34

Sorry - Missed PM's, i dont set them to notify me (i only check them once a week/fortnight).

If you use the "report post" button, then everyone in the team should see it (ie heaps of us), rather than just a single private message. That way anyone can action it when they get a few spare mins in their day.

I'll sort it out later today for you.

RE: Post editing - to stop scammers who would edit entire posts at once after ripping someone off so there was no way of tracking them or what the goods were. It cannot be enabled for a 'single instance' or anyting, it's a global change.

Sorry - Missed PM's, i dont set them to notify me (i only check them once a week/fortnight).

If you use the "report post" button, then everyone in the team should see it (ie heaps of us), rather than just a single private message. That way anyone can action it when they get a few spare mins in their day.

I'll sort it out later today for you.

RE: Post editing - to stop scammers who would edit entire posts at once after ripping someone off so there was no way of tracking them or what the goods were. It cannot be enabled for a 'single instance' or anyting, it's a global change.

Thanks for clearing that up.

How hard would it be to do a word filter style replace of my phone number? Replace with pm for number or something similar?

Cheers

Ben